Author Topic: 3 years post: Triathlons!  (Read 2478 times)

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
3 years post: Triathlons!
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:00:28 pm »
Hey Guys n Gals, long time no see or talk. I am almost 3 years post, and finished my first Marathon. I finished 2 Olympic Triathlons last year and a goal for 1/2 Iron Man this year.
and in 2010-- IronMan!
I gotta site about my recovery from tumors among "other things" Kind of a wild n scattered site so be warned.

For the new peeps that never met me, I had a left 3.5 AN and endoscopic resection by Dr. Shahinian in November of 2006.
For the whole "diary on that fiasco click on the tumor diaries link or go to the first entry here http://www.killkuato.com/blog/?p=42.

or just visit the site..

http://www.killkuato.com

Spread the disease on all of your social networking sites!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:11:14 pm by ixta »
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06

Jeanlea

Re: 3 years post: Triathlons!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:59:01 pm »
Congratulations Ixta, on your marathon.  And next Iron Mans.  You must be in great shape.  I'm impressed.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Keri

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:14:15 pm »
Congrats from me as well (I'm a fairly new here). It's great that you have all these goals. I've done one marathon as well. Marine Corps - last October (3 days before I went to the doc that led to the AN discovery). Hitting the wall at mile 21ish was a killer (read your blog on your marathon mile 23 experience).  We had just crossed the bridge over the Potomac into VA and had to run around about half of the Pentagon. I never realized the Pentagon was so big. It just took me forever. Anyway, it feels great to finish! I'm going to try to do marathon #2 in Baltimore this coming October. I had my surgery in Baltimore so I thought that would be fitting.

Good luck on your training and on your half iron mans, iron man, other marathons, etc. Laura had her surgery at SBI and has done marathons and half iron man races as well.

Good for you and let us know how it all goes!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 08:01:57 pm »
Thanks Keri and Jean, Not "that" great in shape, but able to at least cross the finish line, and thats all my goals are.
I was able to get third from last in my first marathon, and that meant beating a 78 yo male and a few around my age category. I am 38.
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06

wcrimi

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 07:50:46 am »
Wow, this is great!   :o
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

Darin

• The Running Tumor
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 08:19:24 pm »
Good work on the Marathon! I did one in '06, and didn't think I'd ever have the guts to do another one. But I definitely want to again after my turn for surgery(July 1st). It's encouraging to read about returning to normalcy, so thanks for the post! - Darin
3cm AN on right side
Surgery July 1st, 2009
C'mon facial nerve, you can do it!