Author Topic: ringing in ear help at night.....  (Read 4234 times)

barb

ringing in ear help at night.....
« on: April 06, 2006, 10:24:54 am »
ringing in ears?

Before and after surgery I dealt with ringing in my ear. I found a wonderful helper. Brookstone (www.brookstone.com) has a pillow they offer that is round and has a built in speaker.You plug it into a radio, cd player, md player, tape player or ipod and listen to the music you love. It has a volumn control. You don't have to try to go to sleep with that constant ringing anymore. The pillow volume is so low that your partner will not hear it at all. This pillow is the best and it costs about 35.00, well worth it. I am not trying to sell any pillow, I don't work for Brookstone, but I am trying to help any that are troubled with ringing in their ears.
Barb
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:26:37 am by barb »

sunshine16

Re: ring in ear help.....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 11:04:52 am »
I have the ringing in my ear and been living w/ it for more than 7 years now.  It doesn't really bother me anymore except when I think about it. 

But surely this pillow, you're talking about sounds great...  I'll give it a try one of these days....   

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 10:29:23 pm »
Thanks for sharing Barb...my son says COOL.  He likes to leave his music on at night and if I hear sounds from tv or radio I have trouble going to sleep.  You might have just saved a war! ;D

barb

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 10:25:38 am »
MY HUSBAND IS LIKE YOU, HE CAN'T SLEEP IF THERE IS MUSIC ON OR THE TELEVISION. SO, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY PROBABLY SAVING A WAR! HOPE YOUR SON LIKES THE PILLOW. IT IS COMFORTABLE. HE SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT PUTTING THE VOLUME TOO HIGH. THANKS FOR YOUR NICE COMMENT.
BARBARA

matti

Re: ringing in ear help at night.....
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 10:59:00 am »
Thanks Barb, will let a friend of mine know about the pillow, she is having a horrible time with tinnitus. She developed her's after Chemo

My tinnitus gets more high pitched and loud as the sounds around me increase. It's been 8 years, I don't remember what it's like not to have it. lol

Thank for the tip

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Rc Moser

Re: ringing in ear help at night.....
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 04:15:23 pm »
I tried the radio at a VERY low setting, so low you could hardly hear it. It did help some. If I didn't want to hear it I just rolled over ;D ;D
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.