Author Topic: This is Andrea Again. . .  (Read 2194 times)

Karla83401

This is Andrea Again. . .
« on: May 15, 2006, 10:06:48 pm »
Hey everyone,

Just spoke with my mom about thirty mins ago.  She sounds in good spirits.  Her and and my aunt (flew down from Alaska to be with her, or I would have gone) are together as of this morning.  Since about seven this morning, mom has been meeting with doctors all day.  She's gone from one doc to the next, and has been examined head to toe, and back up again.  She also met with her surgeon, Dr. Brackmann, and is really happy about the person he seems to be.  She has a lot of confidence in him.  She goes in tomorrow at nine LA time to get checked in for surgery, and is scheduled to begin around 12:30 LA time.  I think that's 2:30 my time (MST).  My Aunt will be in contact with me throughout the day while I'm at work, and when I get home, I will again contact you all and let you know how she did. 

As for the rest of the night, I think she'll be having dinner and relaxing with Jeanette. and then work on a good night's sleep for tomorrow's surgery.  You guys have been a wonderful source of info and comfort.  I will make sure you all are kept informed, and not left in the dark wondering what's going on.

Take care, with love,
Andrea
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: This is Andrea Again. . .
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:04:49 am »
Andrea....thanks for keeping us updated!!!!!!!!!!  Your mom is going to do great today!   And tonight, she'll finally have that nasty tumor out of there.  Hang in there!  Today will be over before you know it!!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 09:21:55 am »
Andrea, the biggest thing you said was your mom has confidence in her surgeon...that is a biggy!  She's in good hands and will have the best outcome possible.  Please keep us posted as you hear things.  Hang in there you will get through today and you're mom will be on her way home soon!

Keeping your mom and you're family in my prayers today!

Desilu

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 09:47:18 am »
Hi Andrea,

Dr. Brackmann is a really nice guy and doctor and I say this from experience. If I called him with questions, before or after surgery, he always called me back. I can't wait to hear the good news, that your mom is doing fine! Hang in there, we are all praying for her.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

matti

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 10:23:59 am »
Hi Andrea - Confidence in her surgeon is the most important thing. I sense from your post that has also carried over to you and maybe you are feeling a little more at ease. She is going to be fine and tonight you will be able to rest alot easier.

hugs to you and thank you for keeping is updated. 

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

cookiesecond

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 05:54:54 pm »
Andrea,
I couln't agree more. Confidence in your doctor is worth so much!!!!I pray you will have good news soon.
Keep us posted,
Lynn

Raydean

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 06:14:42 pm »
 I'm hoping for update posting soon.  I know she's in the best of hands, But it'll be so good to
know that karla is on the recovery side on AN 

Raydean

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.