Author Topic: 9 months post ck  (Read 2565 times)

sher

9 months post ck
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:49:41 pm »
Hi everyone,
I thought I would give you and update. I am 9 months post ck and was doing fantastically until about a week ago, the dizziness, headaches and fullness returned with a vengence. I have not had a phone call or follow up at all since Jan, when I made the call and they did an MRI. So I guess it is time for another MRI to see what this booger is doing. I am hoping that it is swelling and not growth. I guess I could just wait until the 1 year mark which would be the end of sept. Not sure what to do.. any suggestions from my friends here? How wonderful it is to be able to check in periodically and see how everyone is doing.
Sher
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 9 months post ck
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 06:36:48 am »
Sher!  :-*  So glad to see you and thanks for sharing this with us (also.. moved to "PostTreatment as you are certainly a "toastie postie" :)  )

Ya know... sounds about right for the timeframe you are in and the chance of potential swelling this far out post-CK.    I know my docs have noted to me that sometimes, the outside of the AN may not show the swelling potentially going on and it may actually be occuring inside the AN, but maybe a short term course of anti-inflammatories (ie: Ibuprofen, steroids, etc) may be of help, if they feel its necessary. I was just about the same timeframe as you when I had the sudden temp onset and here's hoping your situation resolves soon.

I'm so glad you checked in.... pls don't be such a stranger and pls keep us updated on how you decide to proceed..... btw, if so, will you be following up with the CK team?  In speaking with many, including Medbery and Spunberg, it is usually recommended you follow up with the CK team (maybe the neuro onc on your team).  Just a thought...

Hang in there... you KNOW I'm cheering you on!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:05:00 pm »
Sher,

I would say  that if you are having symptoms, you should let one of your docs know.  It could very well be uyour bran booger swelling that's causing the problems, but better to find out now and put your mind at ease instead of stressing out until September.  I hope everything checks out okay.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:18:39 am »
Sher -

no suggestions from me (I had surgery; don't know a lot about CK) - just wanted to say hi and thanks for the update.  It's good to hear from you.

I, too, hope your symptoms are being caused by swelling.

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

goinbatty

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 07:04:30 am »
Just wanted to share my experience with CK.  I had some issues crop up around 6-7 months.  Nothing major, just noticable and irritating.  Ibuprofen helped.  Seems like I took it for about 3-4 days.  I have to watch it with Ibuprofen because it tends to irritate my stomach.  Since that time, occasionally I'll get stinging type feeling down in there.  A few Ibuprofen and it clears up. 
Hope your symptoms resolve soon.
Sandra
1/2007 - 6 x 4.5 mm AN
8/2007 - 9 x 6 mm
CK at Georgetown 1/7/08-1/11/08; Dr. Gagnon
3/2008 - 10 x 7 mm
7/2008 - 9 x 10 x 6 mm (NECROTIC CENTER!!!!!)
5/2009 - no change/stable
4/2010 - 10 x 7 x 6 mm; stable/no change
5/2011 - 10 x 7; stable/no change
6/2012 - 8.1 x 7 mm
4/2014 - stable/no change