Author Topic: Looking for doctor in Cleveland or Ohio or PA and what your results were  (Read 2351 times)

jelline

I just been diagnosed with AN and am trying to decide whether or not to fly out to Cali to the House Clinic or if anyone has  had good out comes with someone in Ohio or PA. By the way does anyone know when the soonest I can fly if I did go out of state? Could you also give me some results...Thanks for all the help
Jeremy

Pembo

I am in Ohio. I went to University Hospitals Cleveland with Dr Megerian and Dr Selman. They were both excellent. I also know someone who went to the Cleveland Clinic and another person from Ohio who went to House. Please email me for more info.
Good luck Jeremy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 11:51:24 am by Pembo »
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Hi Jeremy and welcome! :)

There are many here that will share good experiences with House Clinic... and some that won't.  I think with any location or treatment plan you choose, please take the time that you can (I don't know your tumor size so not sure if you are in wait/hold or more emergent) to fully research this as it's your body, not the dr's.

I can help with travel bookings though. I book travels for my office and have been doing so for years and years (no, not a travel agent) and know the in's and out's of travel bookings if you need help.

Please do as much research as you can in advance (that time will allot)... and these boards are great for a start to your research.

Hang in there.... we are ALL in this together! :)

Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

What?

I live in Bowling Green and have found Dr. Jack Kartush at the Michigan Ear Institute (see web site).  They are about an hour and a half for me which would be about 3 and a half from Cleveland.  ENT friend of mine said he thought Dr. Kartush was in the top five in the world in Acoustic Neuroma surgery.  I met with him last week and he radiated confidence.  Anyway, he is another option for you and not that far a drive as opposed to flying to California.

Yale

Hi, Jeremy. I also live in BG and had my AN surgery about four and a half years ago at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. Dr. Bruce Gantz did it and I am very happy with the results. At the time, I lived in another state and went to a local doctor there. He was nice, but I asked how many operations he had performed and he replied that he had "experienced" over 300 operations.I have now experienced one operations myself.  Meanwhile,  a friend in the biz storngly recommended Iowa because of Dr.Gantz. I drove to Iowa to meet Dr.Gantz, and for the operation I took a train from Toledo and back.  It is my understanding that Iowa, House, and Johns Hopkins are highly rated for AN surgery. I think it is important to have a well-experienced doc wherever you have it done. Lemme know if you'd like to meet for coffee, either at Panera's or GFT.

Yale