Author Topic: this week (7/6) in the flabbergasting world of AN  (Read 5963 times)

Keri

this week (7/6) in the flabbergasting world of AN
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:14:09 pm »
Hi,

I hope everyone in our part of the world had a nice week last week celebrating the 4th of July or Canada Day.

Here's what is up this week:
Monday, as is later today, Beth is having Gammaknife with Dr. Duma at Hoag. Since I haven't 'met' Beth, I do not know any details. I did a search and looked around on the radiation section but couldn't find anything. Please share if you know about Beth and her situation. I hope all goes well, Beth, and that your recovery is pleasantly uneventful.

Tuesday - Esperanza is having her 18 month MRI. I hope all is clean, Esperanza.

Thursday - Jeepers is having translab with Drs. Battista and Kazan in Illinois (Chicago?)  I believe Jeepers has been W & W for quite a while. Jeepers, I hope your transition from W&W to surgery to postieland goes well. I hope you are feeling better by this time next week, when the dreaded F3D will then be behind you.

Recovering from last week are Ryan, Mike's son, who had a successful BAHA surgery. Also Lupy is doing well, and Darin and Darlene (those two - I really got them mixed up last week!) are recovering and have posts. Rob - I'm not sure if anyone is posting for him. Please chime in if you know details (anyone?). We're also thankful Cheryl R is doing well after her non-related to AN surgery.  I hope and pray for continued good recovery for you all.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out or get their names or procedures wrong this week!

Have a good week, everyone!

Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

suboo73

Re: this week (7/6) in the flabbergasting world of AN
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 04:00:57 am »
Hi Keri!

Thank you for this update - boy, you were up late!
My thoughts and prayers to all:  Beth's GK, Jeepers' surgery, and Esperanza's trip thru the TOG.
Also praying for continued healing to all those who had surgery/procedures last week.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 05:30:35 am »
Keri, gotta tell ya... you're doing a great job on keeping everyone up to date on the happenings around here and I thank you for continuing to do so.

For those having treatments this week... my wellness wishes to you, esp. for speedy recoveries... for those recuperating and such, hang in there.. know I'm thinking of you.

And for those in the Northeast part of the USA.... SUN!!!!!!!!  w00t! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 06:44:16 am »
Good luck everyone!  And good thoughts to all those recovering!

Jeepers' surgery is in Hinsdale, IL - a Chicago suburb - with two docs near and dear to my heart  ;D

Thanks, once again, for resurrecting this thread Keri and for keeping us all informed.

Great job!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 07:07:16 am »
Keri .....

It is so helpful to have the upcoming week summarized!  Thanks so much for doing this ..... you add so many neat reminders of other details that are not on the calendar.  Plus I love looking forward to your choice of descriptive words in the subject title!!!

My thoughts and prayers for successful procedures and calmness to those undergoing treatments this week, especially.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 07:12:54 am »
Keri~
Once again, great job (we still miss you too though LADavid!) - thank you for taking the time to do this.  Happy thoughts & prayers to all having treatments this week!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 07:49:23 am »
Way to go, Keri!  You are really doing everyone a favor by keeping us in the loop.  My thoughts are with all those who are on the schedule this week.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 12:43:10 pm »
I know I haven't been around here much but you all are in my thoughts often.  Prayers for all of you having appointments/treatments this week!!
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 03:14:47 pm »
side note... user here named Sheryl ... her husband has had brain surgery and radiosurgery (non-AN) in the fairly recent past and is undergoing brain surgery again this week for regrowth.....  I want to send Sheryl and that fab husband of her's my VERY best wishes of wellness as he's been through so very much.  I/we (me and da bloke) hope to see them later this summer and will try to check on him later.   Extreme healing hugglez to him .. and major hugglez to Sheryl, with luff.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 11:28:47 pm »
Keri

Thanks for the update on this week's going ons.  Best of luck to all having surgery/treatment'MRI.  I hope all goes well and you get only good news and outcomes
Best wishes to all

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Jackie

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 01:01:21 am »
Thanks Keri for letting us know what's going on with our friends this week. Blessings to all for a speedy recovery, and back to normalcy!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 06:12:11 am »
Phyl -

thanks for the mention of Sheryl's husband and his surgery.  It's always sad to hear of regrowth.

Please update us if you have any news.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 07:52:06 am »
yes, Phyl, thanks for sharing about Sheryl and her husband. I do hope his surgery goe's well and no more re-growth.

To everyone else - thanks for being so nice about the update posts. I did PM LADavid to make sure he didn't mind me doing this and asked if he was alright. He is, and I was very glad to hear that. He was much better at getting these things out sooner than 1:00am Monday morning. I always think on Saturday, "gee, I should do the update now." Then Sunday is crazy busy because I play piano at two church services. Then around Sunday night, I'm thinking "OK.... I need to beat midnight". Then around midnight I'm thinking .. "OH NO I NEED AN ADJECTIVE!"  It's nice to keep up with everyone, and I appreciate when you all add details about people that haven't made it to the calendar.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 09:41:44 am »
Keri ~

Let me add my own note of appreciation for your assuming the weekly updates.  Well done, as always.  In fact, my flabber is positively gassed!  ;) 

My very best wishes for successful surgery goes out to Jeepers and Beth as well as Sheryl's husband.  My prayers for continued successful recoveries to Darin, Darlene, Lupy and Ryan (BAHA surgery) as well as our own Cheryl, recovering from that non-AN surgery.  I trust that Esperanza's 18-month MRI was uneventful and comes back 'clean'.

Jim
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:20:34 am by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 11:12:30 am »
Is this the "Beth" that LADavid & the gang met that has NF2 - or has had many surgeries _ or someone different??   ???

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!