Author Topic: hot sensation in my leg  (Read 3566 times)

sarahinPA

hot sensation in my leg
« on: July 10, 2009, 04:17:27 pm »
ok this sounds weird i know, but ive been having a hot/wet sensation in my lower leg around the shin area. it comes and goes but has been more frequent lately. I googled this, and some things relate back to a neurological reasoning, others are unanswered and others say blood clots. does anyone else have this from the AN? or could it be something different? i dont see my PCP until the end of July, should i call him sooner?

thanks for any info anyone might have!

sarah
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

Lilan

Re: hot sensation in my leg
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 05:41:22 pm »
The only reason I can think of it'd be associated to an AN is the blood clot thing -- but to my knowledge, that would arise from the immobility of surgery and would happen soon after. And I don't think you've had surgery?

(I suppose it could be a blood clot from a different cause of course, I have no way of knowing that.)

My motto is that if it's bothering you enough to really worry, call your doctor. Unless you have real reason to think it's a blood clot, though, my guess is you'd be OK to wait till your appointment in terms of safety, since it's this month.

Signed, not at all an MD,
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:03:54 pm »
Last summer I had a warm and almost burning sensation that would come and go for around 3 mos on below my knee and kind of to the side but not all the way down.           No redness,swelling,pain,tenderness, no other sign of problem.          I mentioned it to my family dr later as it went away.             He questioned pinched nerve which I am doubting that but who knows.     Wasn't a real intense feeling, maybe a 3-4 if put it on a scale similar to a pain scale.                           You might be able to wait if it isn't getting any worse or feels different.                Might be a neuropathy type of problem.                     Take some B vitamins and see if that helps.
                                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Sefra22

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:10:12 pm »
Sarah,
I've had that, too. The first time it happened,it was right after I was diagnosed with AN and I was convinced it was related to the AN and saw my Dr. that afternoon. She told me it was most likely nerve damage, and it went away after a few days. I still get it sometimes. but it doesn't last long. This sounds gross, but I describe it as the sensation of someone peeing on my leg :(

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

sarahinPA

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:42:26 am »
thanks everyone. i think i will call the Dr. on monday just to see what his thoughts are and if i should move my apt. sooner! ill keep ya posted!
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »
It could be neuropathy that is a residual from the acoustic neuroma tumor

Here is an explanation link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuropathy

Still the best thing to do is to see your doctor and mention it to rule out that it is not something AN tumor related…

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!