Author Topic: Forum Change Tuesday Evening  (Read 5596 times)

sgerrard

Forum Change Tuesday Evening
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:50:39 pm »
I know all of you keep a sharp eye on the Forum Administrator postings in the section called "From ANA, " sub-titled "Please read this first," but since it is possible that you missed it, I am reposting the announcement here as well.

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=10079.0

"Maintenance on the ANA website and ANA Discussion Forum will occur Tuesday, July 14 at 6:30 pm EDT. You will not be able to access the website/Forum during this time, which will be approximately 2 hours.  After the maintenance is completed, to log into the ANA Discussion Forum, please refresh your IP and re-log into the Forum.  There may be a delay.  If this lasts longer than 36 hours, please contact the ANA office at info@ANAUSA.org."

So between 6:30 and 8:30 pm EDT, the forum will not be available. From what I have seen, I expect it will be up by 8:30 or 9:00 without much trouble. We shall see.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Forum Change Tuesday Evening
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:23:22 pm »
Steve -

this is a new one on me.  I don't recall "maintenance" ever happening in my 2+ years on the Forum.  Not complaining, just thinking out loud.

This isn't a way to rid the forum of those with less than shiny halos, is it?

I certainly hope not, because I'd be guilty as charged  ;)  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:06:41 pm »
They are switching to a different provider to host the forum. The tricky bit is getting the same URL, www.anausa.org/forum, to point to a different server. There is a lot of address caching out there on the Internet, however I think they have figured out how to make it happen smoothly.

Same motley crew of forumites, though.  ;)

Steve

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 10:25:25 pm »
By the way, my advice on "refreshing your IP" (which is an odd way of putting it), is not to do anything at first. Just wait until 8:30 Eastern or so, and then try going to the forum just as normal. Don't clear your browser cache or cookies unless it is clear that you need to. Especially if you can't remember your password.

Steve

Keri

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:53:52 am »
I'm getting withdrawals just thinking about not being able to access the forum....  :D

I'm glad they're not doing anything to change the format (like how Facebook is always changing). This is the greatest, easiest to get around on forum that I've ever posted on. Sometimes I get confused on things like loading pics, but the format with the subjects, etc is so easy to navigate.

Thanks for all the info, Steve.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 01:58:49 pm »
Steve ~

Thanks for the additional heads-up on the long-planned server/host transition.

If you don't see me post for awhile after today, it'll be because I needed and forgot my password, last used over 3 years ago.  However, I'm not too concerned as long as I can reset my password or, better yet, may not even need it.  I'll soon find out, along with many others.  I don't expect much drama but you never know.  It could get 'interesting' (but probably not).

Jim

FWIW: I had a problem logging back in because I'd forgotten my password (last used in 2006).  Judy Vitucci (the capable ANA Director ) and the site administrator - via my pleas to Phyl - allowed me to re-set my password and resume my loitering here.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:02:47 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:07:05 pm »
thanks Steve... and I'll cover for ya, Jim, if your password does decide to go *poof*. :) 

All systems go..... T minus 2 hrs and 20 mins, EST.

:D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 08:53:12 pm »
Is the forum live again? I am in here Tuesday evening, but I'm not sure if the links are working correctly. I got directed to the main ANA web site, and found the link by click Support Groups at the bottom, then clicking the ANA Discussion Forum link that appears on that page. Nothing else seemed to work.

Am I just talking to myself?  ???

Steve

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 08:59:22 pm »
I got back the same way, Steve. I had to edit my bookmark to reflect the change in the forum URL. Now all is well.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 10:16:44 pm »
Love the new look of the website - although it did take me a while to get here.

Whoever decided to give us spell check made a wise decision - but I still don't see an angel icon with a crooked halo  :D

My compliments to the powers that be at the ANA  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 10:29:28 am »
JB wrote to me on FaceBook and said that she couldn't get onto the Forum & is having withdrawals!!  She says it is asking for a password and she doesn't have one...she wanted e to tell everyone HELLO!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Cheryl R

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 11:07:08 am »
JB is going under the support group link on the left which then goes to the discussion forum and not that member section on the home page?????              Took me a time to figure out where to find the forum.                     One had to give a password when registered to have their name or ID on the forum.
                                                                     Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Cheryl R

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 11:12:32 am »
I needed to ask Is as the first word on the post I just did.                  I can not get on that member section.    If one can use their ID like on here,it won't let me do a space after my first name for the R.                        I also did not put on the little yellow face on my post.       Interesting!              Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 01:13:15 pm »
Hi all,

there are still a couple of "hiccups" going on since the change.

1.  "Search" option on the forums seems to have a hiccup.  This issue has been noted to the Powers That Be.
2.  Suggestion.. .if anyone is having issues logging on (due to forgetting a password, etc), please send an Internet email (from your AOL, Yahoo, GMail, etc) to:  info@ANAUSA.org     They can reset your password and issue another, directly noting it to your private email.

Hope this helps.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

joebloggs

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 07:34:06 pm »
I am back!  Hurrah!  At first I thought maybe I'd been blocked because you don't want any dirty Aussies on here, but I am now back and didn't need to put my password which I can't remember back in.  Yipee!!!!  Thanks Kay for saying hi for me!  Even if I don't post all that much, it's just nice to read things from time to time!  Cheerio!  JB xx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!