Author Topic: pre-treatment symptoms increasing...I think  (Read 6071 times)

Karla83401

Re: pre-treatment symptoms increasing...I think
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 10:30:57 pm »
Amen Batty!

Those of us who have lost a spouse certainly are in a class of our own. I know that my divorced friends do not even really understand the level of lonliess that comes once you have lost a spouse to death. That is not to say that people who have experienced a divorce are not suffering a loss also, it is simply that it is a different type of loss that can only be understood by walking that path. It is not a path that I thought I would ever walk.

I am thinking that we could start a new club for widows or widowers with acoustic neuromas. Perhaps we could even get a tax free status....I am not sure for what but it sounds good.

Think about it....

Karla

diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 10:47:16 pm »
Even though it's a difficult way to have to connect, it's always good to be able to have someone that you know understands you, and I'm glad, in that way, that you guys can have that connection.  Could make an interesting study in your statistics class! 

Karla, I'll be looking forward to seeing what House has to say about you.  I got my referral letter today so I can now make an appointment with my surgeon (Crazy HMO stuff).  I keep forgetting to ask, where near Missoula are you?  My family is from (and some still is in) Billings.  Went back there for the first time in 20 years last fall.  Flew thru Missoula and only stopped for gas.   Every summer growing up we'd drive back to Billings and we always made it as far as Missoula and would stay the night there...then head on to Big Timber for lunch, and hit Billings in the early afternoon. 

In light of Phyl's news, everyone take care. Check in soon. 

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Karla83401

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 11:07:33 pm »
Hi Gennymom,

I am anxious to hear from the House also. The neurosurgeon here said that the paperwork was sent in a couple of weeks ago so hopefully soon. I am also going to meet with the surgeon in Missoula. I have spoke to a couple of people who have had nothing but good to say about him. I live in Idaho Falls so it would only be about 4 1/2 hours away. That would be so much easier on my children because then all of them could make it so see me. I would most likely take up our 25 foot travel trailer for people to stay in. It would be much more comfortable than a hotel and certainly cheaper. They have a nice KOA campground there from what I understand. So now that you are no longer in Big Sky country, where are you? I was raised in Alaska but moved here 24 years ago and simply stayed.

Echoing your thoughts after Phyl's news, everyone take care tonight and be kind to yourself and others.

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

DeniseSmith

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 07:37:13 am »
Karla,

I "brushed" off my symptoms for two years blaming them on stress, old age, etc...  When i was finally diagnosed with AN, my symptoms seemed to get worse.   I then stressed over whether they really were getting worse or if they seemed worse because i found out i had the tumor.  It turns out my tumor was growing by leaps and bounds.  i had a blood vessel feeding the little sucker. 

I would definitely let my dr. know that you think you symptoms are getting worse.

D