Author Topic: Here I go, surgery date august 17th  (Read 2842 times)

ghenier27

Here I go, surgery date august 17th
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:43:30 am »
Hi to everyone, as everyone on the board as help me so much but all their inputs about their own experiences. I am hoping this time next week. That I too, will be a postie toastie. I have my last pre op appointment today with Dr. Antonilli and saw Dr. Lewis on tuesday. Both are with Shands Teaching Hosptial at the Unversity of Florida, Gainesville,Florida. They say that I will do well and i do believe in that.
I am going to try to get a friend of mine to take photos of me along this journey of mine. And hope to detail my experience with photos to tell my story of my experience. For now, I'm getting a little nervous but I bet all of you were too-looking back. I would also like to mention that I have agreed to donate my tumor for research studies that are being done here and across the united states can have acess to part of it. So that many will have to go threw what are going threw. To try to find out what causes these growths and how to stop them. I also told them to make sure that the tumor once removed felt alot of pain- because that is what it has caused me! LOL! Yes, I still have my sense of humor threw it all.

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
Re: Here I go, surgery date august 17th
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:52:58 am »
Good luck Debi!  Can't wait until you're a postie too and can start on the healing journey!

Thinking of you (very interesting that you've donated the tumor.  Hope they learn a TON from it!).

Adrienne
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Here I go, surgery date august 17th
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:37:03 am »
Debi ~

Try to be calm and know that the thoughts and prayers of many will be with you from now through next Monday.  We're looking forward to your photos !

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.