Author Topic: OT: book club  (Read 8079 times)

Jeanlea

Re: OT: book club
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 10:13:15 pm »
I'll be right behind you, Static.  I love the beach.  I was at a beach near Fort Meyers Beach, FL last month.  I felt proud I was able to outwalk my dad and aunt at the beach.  I had to walk to the pier and back just to say I did it.  I think it was about 4 miles altogether.  Had to stop when I wanted to look around much though.  lol

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Battyp

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 10:18:28 pm »
Come on down static...anytime!  We can go wobble together  ;)
I figured if the 18 mos old could handle it I should be able to..only when he falls down everyone goes awww and when a 41 year old woman does they laugh   >:(

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 09:46:34 am »
You know, someone should write a book about Captain Deb and Batty.  I'd read it.  "Confessions of a post-op ANer".  Phyl, where are you?  You could make millions!

After my little devil is out and I've had a chance to rehab, I'll be working on all of you guys to really get together and get on a beach and a boat.  It's been 9 years since I've been to the Caribbean.  Too long. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

thecakes

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 12:39:29 pm »
  I love the ocean. I'm from Ohio and we go to Florida about every other year in the winter.  You people probably take for granted all the greenery and flowers and blue skies and water.  But we Ohioaners think we're in paridise.  I found out swimming in the ocean is totally different than swimming in a pool and that salt water is----very salty.  I was suprised to find that it can burn your eyes and skin.  But I love the ocean.    So many of you read books,  I can't concentrate long enough to read a book.  I'v tried and gave up.  I'll settle for life time movies.

matti

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 01:10:35 pm »
Cakes - My best friend is from Medina, Ohio and she often speaks about it as her paradise as well. Are you near Medina?
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 01:20:55 pm »
You know, someone should write a book about Captain Deb and Batty.  I'd read it.  "Confessions of a post-op ANer".  Phyl, where are you?  You could make millions!

After my little devil is out and I've had a chance to rehab, I'll be working on all of you guys to really get together and get on a beach and a boat.  It's been 9 years since I've been to the Caribbean.  Too long. 

Count me in! Absolutely! Friends take cruises together all the time!  My Florida piratess buddies are all going to Alaska this year! Decided to give myself another year of recovery so sitting this one out.  We all chartered a bare-boat 5 years ago and sailed the Virgins!
Captttain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

thecakes

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 03:21:46 pm »
  Matti--Ottawa Ohio is in northwest Ohio.  I do'nt know where Medenia?????is.

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 07:38:57 pm »
That would be so cool Capt!!!!  A friend of a friend (one of the one's I used to race with) does that all the time (rent a bare boat).  It's been 12 years since I've sailed, but can catch up quickly.  I love to travel and as much as we fantasize, there should be some reality too.  I just need to get the bugger out of my head so I can rehab and be ready...no one here likes to go to the Caribbean because Hawaii is so close...I've been to both and I love the Caribbean.  Last time I went, my friend and I went low budget and stayed at Cinnamon Bay and helped out at the dig there.  That was in 1997.  I miss that place, and I miss snorkling!!!!!!!!! 

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 08:25:56 pm »
Check out my frappr site--there are two paintings of Cinnamon on it that I just posted today.
An AN wench campout would be a hoot!  My budy Captain Rick runs charters out of Cinnamon Bay and could take us all sailing!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 08:35:43 pm »
Of course smart me is looking for a painting with cinnamon the spice on it not the cove...oops...I def. need to get out of the house and go somewhere exotic!

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 10:55:08 pm »
All the tourists go to Trunk, but I think Cinnamon is much prettier...and Hawksnest to snorkel.  I saw the cutest little octopus last time I was there.  We stayed in the screened cabins with our friend Bobette the cockroach.  OK, so I'll get through surgery and be rehab'd by next winter and we are there!!!!!

I know a guy that used to run charters out of St. Thomas...had a couple boats...his name was Jim and I think the last was Tenney or something....I'd have to go look.  You ever met him?  It's been too long, I can't remember the names of his catamarans.  Lives over just the other side of Mahogany Run.