Author Topic: ANA Support Group Meeting - Metro Boston - Sept 27  (Read 2257 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
ANA Support Group Meeting - Metro Boston - Sept 27
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:35:34 am »
Hi all,

FYI below.  I offered to talk about the symposium as well but got "officially" noted and not by my doing, trust me! :)  You can use the info below for RSVP. Donna is also here on the forums as "Colorlady" if you want to PM her.

I hear her house is REALLY nice (but we can't toiletpaper her landscaping efforts!), not far from the beach and I appreciate she is offering the meeting at her home. I live in the Rt 128/I-95-I93 Woburn cloverleaf area if anyone wants to rideshare or follow me up to Donna's house.

Please contact Donna directly for RSVP, directions, etc.  Her contact info is noted here for the RSVP only.
Phyl

======================================================================

BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
SUPPORT GROUP MEETING INVITATION

Please plan to join us at the next meeting of your local Acoustic Neuroma Support Group.  We welcome you to learn about the latest treatment options, to network with other acoustic neuroma patients and find encouragement and support.

DATE/TIME:
Sunday, September 27, 2009
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.

13 Hay Street
Newbury, MA 01951

TOPICS:
Meet and Greet
Caring and Sharing
Report from the 19th National ANA Symposium, presented by Phyllis Pearl-Baxter

Coffee and drinks will be available, contributions of light refreshments appreciated.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR TO RSVP,
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL SUPPORT LEADER/FACILITATOR:
Donna Cognac, Support Group Leader/Facilitator
Phone 978 358-8111 or Email:  dcognac@comcast.net

Who should attend?  Family members, caregivers, friends and interested persons are encouraged to attend.

Benefits of attending a local support group include communicating in a nurturing, non-judgmental environment with others who have shared a common acoustic neuroma experience; sharing information on dealing with specific problems, overcoming handicaps and reassuring others that better times lie ahead; educating and informing each other about the latest acoustic neuroma topics of interest; and providing emotional support to all patients, both pre- and post-treatment. This helps in reducing the isolation and loneliness that many acoustic neuroma patients feel.
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ColorLady

Re: ANA Support Group Meeting - Metro Boston - Sept 27
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:37:34 pm »
Greater Boston and southern NH ANA members (and those who are considering joining), are invited to an informal Boston ANA Group chapter meeting at my home in Newbury, MA. on Sunday afternoon September 27th.  Newbury is just next to Newburyport and 15 minutes from the Seabrook, NH border. Access is pretty easy from Rt. 95 or use your GPS or mapquest for more convaluted routes.  This will be a casual exchange of questions, experiences, concerns, etc. Phyl will tell us the hilights of the Chicago Symposium. Come join us.

Please read the official invitation that Phyl has posted here on the forum but for the record, I am near the beach but certainly not on the beach, so swim trunks  not needed. If you have to come a distance, why not plan to make a day of it in this area.  There is the quaint town of Newburyport 2 miles away (shops, art galleries, waterfront boardwalk, restaurants) and the Parker River Wildlife Reservation 2 miles away in another direction (birds, beaches, dunes, nature).  All I ask is that you drop me an e mail at dcognac@comcast.net to let me know you'll be coming. I hope to see you there.

JMK

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:33:26 pm »
Phyl

I might be interested in driving with you on Sunday 9/27.  Could I call you or should I just write again.

Joyce Kelly

Many thanks.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 05:43:03 am by ppearl214 »

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 05:43:38 am »
Joyce

got the numbers... will phone you. :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"