Author Topic: I have a screw loose  (Read 5841 times)

lori67

Re: I have a screw loose
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 07:13:45 pm »
Marci,

If it makes you feel any better, I have a screw loose too - and I don't even have any from my AN surgery!   :D

I don't have any plates or screws either, other than the BAHA.

And to anyone wishing to have surgery in "THE GARAGE" - it will have to be put on hold as my temporary residence is without a garage.  I suppose, weather permitting, we can use the driveway!  Jan, bring the extra long extension cord.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 08:07:55 pm »
Lori~
I was wondering if you even had a garage right now - we can move the business here - we have 3 so plenty of room!!  ;)  I'm going to get some visitors here if it kills me!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

cin605

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 02:50:35 pm »
I knew we were workin in some bodies garage at some point maybe about a year ago??
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 04:39:33 am »
Wendy and all,
What I have here is a situation in which I am only now feeling the aftershocks of going back to work too soon after surgery, working myself to the point of exhaustion.  Combine that with menopause (sorry guys), and severe depression and anxiety, and you have a very unpleasant and somewhat frightening scenario.  I'm in therapy and on drugs and will be working mostly half days until December or until I feel better, whichever comes first.  There it is.
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

suboo73

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 03:21:46 am »
Glad you told us, here we are your safe family of many people who truly care and wish for you to feel better very, very soon.
Donnalynn

Marci,  Hi and glad to see your post, too!  So sorry about the loose screw - that would irritate me to no end; hope your surgeon can help.

I hope you get this situation resolved soon and get to feeling better, i am sure it is very frustrating.

As Donnalynn said, we are here for you.
Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 08:56:05 pm »
well one of my friends wanted to see the glass plate. he said that way i could prove i had a brain. ;D

so a screw loose isnt all that bad.  lol i been called that way before my AN   lol
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

wendysig

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 06:16:36 am »
Hi Marci,

Sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days.  I'm sorry to hear everything you're going through.  As if you didn't have enough to deal with already, menopause is enough to push anyone close to the edge.  Are you taking meds to deal with the symptoms? I've been fortunate in that Estroven and Estroven PM has been enough to help me deal; with the physical symptoms but I know this isn't always the case.  Hopefully, therapy will help you deal with the stress in your life.  I"m glad to hear you're taking these issues seriously, as you know, without good physical and mental health, life is much harder.  I hope your neurosurgeon can do something about your loose screw too, it's easy for someone to say it's nothing when it's not their head the loose screw is in.

Hang in there, rest and try not to stress too much (I  know, easier said than done), we are here for you,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 07:31:14 pm »
Dear Everyone:
Thank you for your kind words and support.  It means the world to me.  I'm so used to being relatively happy and feisty that this new version of me is completely unfamiliar and uncomfortable.  Like wearing clothes that don't fit.  I will find my equilibrium again. Eventually.
Love,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.