Author Topic: Monday Weigh in  (Read 67280 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Monday Weigh in
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2006, 11:41:47 am »
Well, y'all, I took up knitting during my recovery--I just had to do something with my hands besides eat or pick my nose. The knitting was great therapy--I even ended up with a little scarf business and made some money--not enough to pay for all the yarn Dr. Love bought me, but I think we broke even. All I could make were scarves cuz I couln't count stitches or follow a pattern. All the relatives got great Xmas gifts.

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

matti

« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2006, 12:00:21 pm »
I can crochet, but for the life of me, I can't knit. Tried again a few weeks ago and keep having problems with yarn tension. It is either too lose or too tight. Thinking of taking a knitting class at the local community center.
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2006, 03:03:32 pm »
My grandmother knitted like a fiend and bless her heart she tried to teach me but I never really got it.  It's now the "IN" thing.  Deb I just picked my nose..it was easier  LOL

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2006, 05:23:14 pm »
Ya know ya can pick yer friends and ya can pick yer nose, but ya can't wipe yer friends on the couch!!!!!

Captain Deb 8)

matti

« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2006, 02:35:13 pm »
Made the decision to take my Weight Watcher leaders advice and set my environment up for success. Got rid of the junk food, made a huge pot of veggie soup and other snacks that will get me though the week. She keeps teling me "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". Hope she is right. 

Also been working in the garden all morning, burning some calories. Certainly not burning as much as our Phyl has  ;)  Lucky girl  :-*
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2006, 04:10:52 pm »
You know she's been awful quiet this weekend  LOL

Good for you Matti!  I don't keep junk in my house but can drive to get it  LOL

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2006, 04:28:27 pm »
I'm all for Friday...I've been good this week, but weighed myself this morning and I'm a couple up...I think I've got Suzanne's pounds. 

I'm supposed to be dropping 10 lbs for vacation...and that's not happening.  The only good news is my foot is getting better...on it all day yesterday and it's just a little stiff today.  I need to go grocery shopping and buy out the carrots and yogurt isle.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

shoegirl

« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2006, 11:32:15 am »
Hi, Happy Monday! :P

I am good for Friday's too.  Had a bad weekend, but overall lost 4 pounds last week.  Afraid to weigh myself this morning as I am sure I gave some back. 

I am thinking about making deep fried oreo's this morning - probably not a good thing - but they sound yummy.   Maybe I'll go look at my fat girl pictures - that should do the trick.

Happy Dieting.
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

matti

« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2006, 03:12:19 pm »
Suzanne - Deep fried oreo's? sounds interesting, what is the recipe?

Wow! 4 lbs that is awesome  ;D.  I am doing good so far, but it is only 2pm and my evenings are the hardest. I need to disassociate food with TV, then I would be Ok.
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2006, 03:16:44 pm »
Hi y'all
Weighed in at 129 this AM--don't know if it's a loss or not as my weight fluctuates so much--I would consider 126 a definite loss.
Had another visit from the migraine fairy Sat night >:( >:( >:(--worse migraine I've had in over a year. 2 Zomigs up the scnozz and nothing--guess I didn't take it in time. I had taken a walk with Dr. Love and Ursa and came back with a little headache, which I totally ignored and then decided to stretch a canvas after cooking dinner (THAT'll teach me to cook dinner!)Did a Zomig after that. Phyll and Da Bloke called around 9:00 (I think) and my head was really pounding and by 10:00 I was in really bad shape.  Dr. Love wanted to take me to the ER but, as I have done that a few times already, I really didn't want to tolerate the 1/2 hour drive.  The nausea was about the worse I've ever had. Took 2 Compazines which didn't kick in at all it seems--I get so stressed, my stomach quits digesting.  Calling the doc this week about Compazine-up-the-you-know-what.

Anyway--I didn't get to sleep till about 4:00AM and then stayed in bed all day Sunday.  Went to my workout today, but I'm still a little wonkyheaded so I cut it short--then went to the dentist for a 2 1/2 hour crown prep--THAT was fun.

Well, I'm just wiped out.  I have to be a little grateful, because I would get one like this at least once a week and my last really "big big" one was  months ago.  I can't believe I survived all that crap!

Thanks for reading (listening) y'all. Should be back to my old feisty self by tomorrow!

Captain Deb 8)

matti

« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2006, 03:37:11 pm »
I am sorry you were so sick this weekend. Freakin migraines suck >:(  I went out shopping with my mom today and had to come home because I felt one coming on. Just get so darn tired of these things interfering with my life.

Hope you feel better and sending you a hug
Life is great at 50

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2006, 04:57:03 am »
Capt Deb,

My empathies go to ya.

I wish I had a magical something to wave for ya.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Battyp

« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2006, 08:50:38 pm »
Capt Deb...apparently I'm not waving my magic battywand fast enough!  Hope you're doing better!!

Fried oreos?  Hey I thought being from the south everything was friend but never heard of fried oreo's ..fried pickles yes,  oreos?  Hmm... do share!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2006, 01:11:13 pm »
Fried Oreos? Yep, my kinda snack... not! :)

Ok, I refuse to weigh in this Friday as my weight will incriminate me!  BUT, have done real well on trying to curb the appetite since my CB left  :'(.  Also waiting for Decacrap to get out of my system... btw, how long does it take to get rid of it outta your system? Anyone know?
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2006, 01:23:35 pm »
I was told about 2 weeks....not sure if there is any difference with the amount in your system.  I'm thinking that 2 weeks is the standard they tell you since they told me the same about the other meds (different doctors too)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 10:26:04 pm by battyprincess »