Author Topic: Monday Weigh in  (Read 67316 times)

Static

Re: Monday Weigh in
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2006, 07:16:13 am »
When I walk, I get so tense because of trying so hard not to stumble around so my walks are not all that relaxing. If anyone has any ideas on how to get over that, please, please, fill me in.  When I'm not running all over the place after work because of something someone needs or something that has to be done, as long as the weather permits, I try to do 2 miles.  Between that and eating yogurt daily (almost solely) because of the recent root canals, I still haven't lost any weight  :-[ but am going to keep on trying.  As for the spiders, I have a spider farm in my basement, they are all over, but I haven't seen anything bigger than a nickel. (or is that another thread)  Anyway, boss is here, back to work.  If I don't get back here anytime soon, wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy holiday! 
{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Battyp

« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2006, 07:51:42 am »
Static when I walk outside or in a store I find myself getting very very anxious.  Enogh so that I've had anxiety attacks and couldn't breath.  I know its from concentrating and the fear of falling.  I do better if I have someone to walk with.  I walked the other day around the loop in my neighborhood alone and didn't have my freak out session I think it was because I've practiced so much with my son and in my mind I knew if I fell someone would help me.  I am more steady on the treadmill as it's isolated in the sense I don't have to try to focus on things going by like at a store or outside.  I too cant' seem to get the scale to budge and truely think it's due to hormone imbalance which hopefully will be confirmed tomorrow.  Id o notice if I drink more water and less soda or sugared drinks I don't feel as bloated so hopefully that is helping too!

My spiders are all in my garage or outside where they need to stay! 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2006, 07:56:08 am »
hey Static!  Sounds like you are doing everything right, honestly! :)  If you just take your time, not push yourself.... I am a power walker and have been for years... at the gym, on the treadmill.  I've learned that if I just take a deep breath, focus on my breathing and just take each step at a time, I just move along. My trainer has been working with me lately for energy boost for post treatment and I have to say, what he has shared with me about walking (my dog is still pulling me but not as bad now) but I just take it each step at a time. I really find focusing on my breathing technique during the walk really pays off.

I have to say... I've spoken to many of you this past week about our Monday weigh in's and I'm thrilled to see the commradery in you all in trying to achieve a wonderful goal!  You all have really taken to this, shared thoughts/issues/remedies to help each other along and I commend you all for the dedication to try to embetter our health, even with all we endure.  Hats off! :)

xoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2006, 05:52:33 pm »
Well group, I finally overcame my fear of walking alone. There is an athletic field near-by so I decided to walk around it. It was difficult because I was in the grassy area most of the time. My doctor told me to work extra hard on the things that are difficult to do so that is what I plan to do from now on.
I can really relate to the anxiety level too. I noticed today that I felt like my vision was off and everything seemed so surreal....like I was looking at my world through skewed lenses. However, I have promised myself that I will make myself move more...so today was day 1.  Luvs, Sherry
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2006, 05:59:16 pm »
Oh, Sherry! You go girl! GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know it was exceptionally difficult for you but hun, you did it!!!!!!!!!!!  Day by day, inch by inch and you are so there!!!!! Congrats on achieving this milestone! :)

xoxo
Phyl

Well group, I finally overcame my fear of walking alone. There is an athletic field near-by so I decided to walk around it. It was difficult because I was in the grassy area most of the time. My doctor told me to work extra hard on the things that are difficult to do so that is what I plan to do from now on.
I can really relate to the anxiety level too. I noticed today that I felt like my vision was off and everything seemed so surreal....like I was looking at my world through skewed lenses. However, I have promised myself that I will make myself move more...so today was day 1.  Luvs, Sherry
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2006, 06:17:57 pm »
Yay Windy Wench!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Go Windy Go!!!
Go!  GO!! GO!!

That is huge!!!!
I remember my first alone walk!! My best best friend Marge followed me down the street in Sarasota in her cherry red Caddy with her head hung out the window!!  "You sure yer OK??? " she kept yellin'.  What a hoot!!  She lives in an older neighbor hood and prior to this she "slashed" me a path down the street, whackin' off all the overhanging branches back from the sidewalk,  lopped other peoples foliage right off with a big pair of pruners--what a sight!

Congrats--you will find your balance will come back in big chunks. The more ya walk the better ya get!!!!  Every every every day ya gotta work on it!!

Keep up the good work

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2006, 09:20:46 pm »
YEAH SHERRY!!

In honor of your big accomplishment I went for a waffle run   :-*
Deb can she come to my neighborhood and lope some foilage?  I hate getting smacked in the face and when I try to move them I lose my balance lol

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2006, 06:31:11 am »
today, I refuse to weigh in publically based on the grounds of a recent innodation of fattening crap that has come my way as  "Good Wishes in your speedy recovery", PMS, inability to exercise properly, PMS, an electric/Sonicare in my mouth at time of weigh in, PMS and any other excuse I can come up with....  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2006, 06:46:03 am »
Thats our Phyl!
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Battyp

« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2006, 08:39:03 am »
I refuse  because I'm fat, I know I'm fat and there ain't SH(* I can do about it at the moment. 
So I'll just sit here and cry maybe that will eliminate some extra fluid  LOL

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2006, 09:03:23 am »
I've been most good all week and my scale didn't budge this am.  I will give it one more week before I schedule a buttectomy to get rid of the 10 lbs.  Maybe tomorrow after the easter dinner "passes" we shall see how much I weigh.  Will get my mile in today later and log that.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2006, 09:42:23 am »
hmm think I can get a twofer special?  A buttectomy and a gutectomy?  Sadest day is when you see you're mothers butt in the mirror  lol

shoegirl

« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2006, 10:20:46 am »
I am the same. I'll take it after all the chocolate I ate yesterday!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2006, 10:25:49 am »
I had some of that too.  Will try pushing water this week and see what happens.  I know I never get enough water. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2006, 10:32:01 am »
*reads thread while downing a bowl of Raisin Bran for lunch*