Author Topic: Two (2) Walkers Available - Free to a Good Home  (Read 1818 times)

doctorb

Two (2) Walkers Available - Free to a Good Home
« on: October 01, 2009, 12:20:27 pm »
I'm ready to part with my Walkers if anyone is in need of a new one / replacement.  I'm located in the Atlanta area if anyone is interested.  One is the generic style the insurance company bought for me when I left the hospital and the other is a fancy Medline unit I bought at Walgreens, really nice...doubles as a seat to if you get tired along the way and has four wheels and hand brakes.  Both are in great shape and thankfully, barely used!  :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:22:12 pm by doctorb »

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Two (2) Walkers Available - Free to a Good Home
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 01:46:27 pm »
Doc ......

I, too, have a spare walker available.   :D  However, I am going to keep mine (except when it is out on loan).  A couple of my elderly friends from church have already borrowed it for temporary use (knee/hip replacements).  I figured I may need it myself someday again for other reasons so it is safely stored in my bulging garage.   ::)

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

mandy721

Re: Two (2) Walkers Available - Free to a Good Home
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:56:38 pm »
Another idea is to contact the physical therapy departments at local hospitals to see if they can use them.   The PT from Visiting Nurses suggested this when my husband "retired" his walker after two days!  She said that most hospital departments would love to have used medical hardware in good condition. One phone call was all it took and I dropped the walker off the next day to a very appreciative group. Senior centers might also be interested.
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems