Author Topic: To ppearl214  (Read 4526 times)

nannettesea

To ppearl214
« on: March 24, 2006, 11:54:37 am »
Hi, Phyl-
Trying to find your post about spirituality--were you the one who said you are VERY spiritual?

I'm really struggling with my depression, hard time connecting to whatever one terms God.  Wanted to see what helps you cope.

Can you reply to me personally at nannettesea3@yahoo.com?

Thanks,
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: To ppearl214
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 12:24:13 pm »
Nan,

You responded to me once with help on Seattle area doctors.  I have that issue settled, but wanted you to know that I'm in the Puyallup/Kent area, pre-op on a right side AN a bit larger than yours was.  While I haven't experienced the post-op depression yet, you can call on me if you want local support.  While I'm not a "theist", I think that makes it harder in a way to make it through days with my own wits, without a god to fall back on.  I have a lot of little tricks that I use, but I'm also a pretty strong person.  Just send me a personal note if you want, and I'll give you all my contact info.  I joke around a lot on here, but in real life, I'm actually pretty serious. 

Best wishes,

Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 12:47:26 pm »
Hi Nan and Kathleen.

OH, I do have a very deep inner peace... that is for sure as my CB can attest.  Nan, I am always here for you or anyone on this board, in any way that I can help. Just as Kathleen notes, whether it be a shoulder, an ear (ok, my good one), a tissue in need or a sorded, really bad joke to help bring a smile to a face.  I know you've been having a difficult time lately. Seems many here, including myself, are running into it.  But know this.... we are all much, much stronger in our souls then sometimes we lead ourselves to believe.  We have endured so very much, regardless if pre-treatment (wait/watch), post-treatment or SO's here to help with our support (luff you, my CB!  :-* ).....

Nan, you ask what helps me cope.  Lord, what a time for me to answer this question, in light of recent events in my life (the loss of my dear friend).  If you asked me yesterday, I would have rattlled off the top of my head that my inner peace... support of my loved ones... those would have been the key answers.  If I were to answer this now as today I'm feeling pretty down, it really does give me a chance to sit back and ask myself the same question.  Today, as it's a dark day for me as well.... what helps me cope?  Taking a deep breath with my eyes closed.... the emails from my CB reminding me that I have stolen his heart as much as he has stolen mine.  Being able to sit back to review the situations going on in my life and telling myself that "ok, toots.... it's time to pull yourself up by the backside and be strong for others that need you to be strong right now".  I try desperately (as CB will tell you) not to allow myself to become self-absorbed in my situations (although I have failed miserably lately) but to do for others.  I always tell myself that even when I am having a dark day, do something for someone else... the gifts in return will be a unexpected, glorious and ten-fold.

I hope that helps Nan... and know that me... CB... Kathleen... each and everyone of us here are cheering you on... helping to boost your spirits in any way we can.

My Inbox is always open to you... and Kathleen, you are truly a G-D-send for reaching out to others as you have... and trust me... it is so recognized and appreciate by me. ;):) Thank you.

Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 03:04:52 pm »
Thanks sweetie....I'm working hard at doing what I can while I still have my wits about me.  Who knows what post surgery will bring and I subscribe thoroughly to the 3 fold rule.  I let cars turn in front of me, I let people in line, I help when I can because someday I might need those things, and a lift up from you guys....and I would feel like I was stealing if I took and didn't give.  We have a strong community/family here, and I'm up for doing my part.  Bad days and all because I know I have them!!!  So, that being said, just where do I send the See's lolllys to???   ;D

Will be in touch!  K

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Karla83401

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:35:59 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I hope that it is okay for me to chime in here. I know that when we are going through hard times in our lives and all seems lost, we are not every really alone. After the death of my husband, my greatest source of comfort were often found in those quiet moments of everyday life. I discovered that these moments were so perfect that only with the love of a higher power could they occur. I remember standing in awe of a sunset or listening to the morning birds and feeling so full of the Lord's love. I firmly believe that there are angels around each of us that are there to comfort us. This comfort often does not come in ways that we would normally think of but I promise you that you will see the love of God all around you. I have often wondered if this is part of the reason that we have difficult times in our lives, so that we are forced to slow down in our daily pursuit of worldly things and forced to notice the splendor of God's love in every day things.

Thanks for letting me share a little of my self with you and please know that you are all in my prayers and thoughts each day.

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 11:16:04 pm »
karla, not only is it ok for you to chime in, but I am so glad you did! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nannettesea

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 10:38:37 am »
Thanks to all of you for your words of comfort and versions of what helps you get through this.  After a "normal" day yesterday I am tired today.  That is typical.  And when I'm tired I feel depressed, also predictable.  My approach so much of the time is just to wish myself well, wanting the dizziness to go away....but that isn't very effective.  So I'm trying the "one day at a time," get through each day as best as possible, take care of myself, relax and go to the place of inner peace....I feel so much less alone with you all to "talk" with.
Thanks again.
Nan
Trans-lab approach
8/29/05

matti

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 12:17:56 pm »
Hi Nan - I find that it less over-whelming when I stay focused on "one day at a time". Sometimes I get too overloaded looking at the big picture. How is the meditation working for you. I am finding it helpful. I was acutally able to clear my mind yesterday, that took almost 2 weeks to accomplish  >:( 

Keeping you in my prayers

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

nannettesea

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 02:15:01 pm »
Cheryl,
You're so right.  That's when I get into trouble, which is often, when I look at the looming future and what if I don't get better, etc.

The relaxation stuff is helping.  I have that personalized hypnotherapy/relaxation CD, and another one for emotional healing.  They help calm me down.

Not really doing meditation yet, but will be giving it a try. That's GREAT that it's working for you.   How have you been feeling?
Nan
Trans-lab approach
8/29/05

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 06:24:01 am »
Nan,

Do you know how proud I am of you?  :)  Keep your mind and soul open to the suggestions.. meditation is a wonderful means of finding that inner peace we have talked about... falls in line with my last email to you.  When you read it, you will know.  Fabulous idea and always helps me... I mediate ALL the time, even when I lay in bed at night in the dark. Helps bring me inner peace. :)  Hang in there Nan... we are truly here for you! :)

xoxo
Phyl

nannettesea

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 11:19:01 am »
You're such a gem, Phyl.  Thanks again--sent a personal reply to you....
Nan
Trans-lab approach
8/29/05

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 02:57:53 pm »
You're such a gem, Phyl.  Thanks again--sent a personal reply to you....
Nan

aw, Nan... you saw my last name in my screenname...so, that only makes me semi-precious! ;)

(and thank you.. back atcha!)

nannettesea

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 03:57:50 pm »
I didn't even catch my own pun!  Duh--little slow on the draw these days ;)

Nan
Trans-lab approach
8/29/05

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 04:12:44 pm »
I didn't even catch my own pun!  Duh--little slow on the draw these days ;)

Nan

gotcha!!!!!!   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*