Author Topic: Discussion forum Time Formats shown  (Read 2025 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Discussion forum Time Formats shown
« on: October 25, 2009, 08:07:52 am »
Hi all,

As many here know, the ANA changed the site server company a few months ago. They are located W. USA and thus, their host server for our forums are noted to reflect that local timezone.

some have been noting that the "time format" for posts made are not in line with the actual time location for the poster (ie: I live EST, thus, my forum profile is set to show for EST).

If you are "lurking" the forums (ie: not logged on to your profile), the auto default is PST since the site host server is PST.

How you can check to make sure you are reflected correctly for your timezone, please follow these steps.

1. Go to your Profile
2. On the left side, choose "Look/Layout Perference"
3. Once at "Look/Layout", the 2nd field on the top is "Time Offset". You will need to adjust this based on the timezone you live.  IE; I live EST, thus, I am 3 hrs time difference to the site host server.  If you live CST, it should be noted as 2 hrs from the host site server, etc.

If you have any issues trying to do this, just let the Mods know... we're here to help.

Now logging off, 10:05 EST. :)

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Discussion forum Time Formats shown
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 07:00:41 pm »
Okay, Phyl.  I'll bite.  

What is the advantage to correcting my time zone (if it's incorrect - I haven't checked yet).  Does it matter what time zone my posts reflect? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Jan ( 8 pm in Chicago )
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:44:30 pm »
Jan,

Maybe in case your boss logs on and finds out you are on the forum during working hours?  You can change your time zone to a different one so it looks like you waitied until you got home?   ???

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 05:27:45 am »
it doesn't matter... just folks commenting on it lately and the reason why peeps are noting posts reflecting different time zones when they know of what areas folks live. If you want to change it, fine... and if not..... no biggie :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 06:34:58 am »
Used to log on during working hours - haven't had the time in months  ::)  Don't ya just hate it when your job interferes with the rest of your life?  :D

Thanks for the response, Phyl.  Didn't know what the biggie was - glad to hear there isn't one.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways