Author Topic: New I-MRI????  (Read 3090 times)

Jackie

New I-MRI????
« on: October 26, 2009, 12:31:51 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just saw a video on the new I-MRI for brain tumors. It's supposed to be the only one in the world?? It's located in Portland Oregon at Provident St Vincent's hospital. The function is that it does MRI's in "real time". It cost 5 million dollars and has just been in use a few weeks. For those of you who are great at research, this is a new beginning that may benifit all of us?? They also said it came into being mostly from donations! Wow, keep that new technology coming!!!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: New I-MRI????
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 02:21:03 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just saw a video on the new I-MRI for brain tumors. It's supposed to be the only one in the world?? It's located in Portland Oregon at Provident St Vincent's hospital. The function is that it does MRI's in "real time". It cost 5 million dollars and has just been in use a few weeks. For those of you who are great at research, this is a new beginning that may benifit all of us?? They also said it came into being mostly from donations! Wow, keep that new technology coming!!!
Jackie

Jackie,

Did some reading too:  http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/mr/profileo/index.html
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:23:45 pm by DoctorB »
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 04:37:54 pm »
Hello DoctorB,

I don't think that is the same machine??? I may be wrong, though. This I-MRI is supposed to really help in the brain tumor surgeries.
Keep researching! Thanks,
Jackie
Diagnosed 02/04/2007

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 05:45:14 pm »
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Jackie

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 12:09:22 am »
Yes, DoctorB,

That appears to be the one! I saw the video on our Fox news' website. Hopefully it will make resection more accurate.
Thanks for perservering!
Jackie
Diagnosed 02/04/2007

Vivian B.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 12:51:31 pm »
Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the info. It's always good to hear of new innovations for people in our situation and many others with similar experiences.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.