Author Topic: GK 2 YR. MRI TODAY  (Read 2382 times)

madison

GK 2 YR. MRI TODAY
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:21:14 pm »
HI EVERYONE!
TODAY I HAD MY ALMOST POST-2 YR. GK MRI. I GO TO UNIV, OF PENN.ON THURSDAY. ALTHOUGH I HAVE THE FILMS AND C.D. IN MY POSESSION,
I AM TOO CHICKEN TO LOOK AT THEM. 6 MTHS. AGO IT SHOWED NECROSIS AND SOME SWELLING, SO WE'LL SEE. I DO HAVE ISSUES NOW AND THEN(LIGHT-HEADED,ETC..) SO I AM VERY WORRIED. DO ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD THEIR TUMOR REMOVED EVER GET THESE KIND OF SYMPTOMS? OR ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS HAD G.K.---I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
I WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED..I'M SO GLAD I HAVE THIS FORUM TO TURN TO. THANKS  ;)
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012

sgerrard

Re: GK 2 YR. MRI TODAY
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 12:20:05 am »
Hi madison,

I had Cyberknife a little over two years ago, which is sort of like Gammaknife. It doesn't seem odd to me to have some light headed feelings, or fullness, now and then. I notice things like that mostly when I get a cold, or the weather changes, or allergies act up. It seems like I am more sensitive to sinus things. I think people who have surgery also experience some of these things for a while afterwards.

I don't think any of that is a sign of growth of the tumor. The only thing that would diagnose that is a series of MRIs showing continued growth. So don't worry about that, especially if your last one showed necrosis. Have patience.

Hope you get a good report on the MRI.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »
Hi Madison and congrats on approaching the 2 yr post-GK mark! Well done! Please keep us updated on what the Pro's say re: your MRI..... and sending wellness wishes your way!

Hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:08:18 pm »
Madison - I don't have any GK experience but I wanted to wish you best of luck on Thursday.  Hopefully the little bugger is continuing its slow, quiet demise!
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 02:38:23 pm »
Madison,

I don't know why you may be having some lightheadedness...have you tried some decongestants?  I've heard of some sinus issues messing with balance, etc...  I wish you the best for your MRI reading....   Think positive!  ;)
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!