Author Topic: 3 month check on 2nd dec mri on 3rd, is that right?  (Read 2951 times)

denisecarey

3 month check on 2nd dec mri on 3rd, is that right?
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:12:02 pm »
Hi all

I had a  letter about my 3 month check with neuro surgeon weeks ago but today had a letter saying mri is on the 3rd dec, wont the neuro surgeon need to see my mri when he is doing my 3 month check?

I am still doing ok, headaches are bad again but am sort of used to them now, balance is getting a lot worse thought it would be getting better but it is still early days things are changing in my recovery all the time, tinitis still bad and voice still not improving.

I am sure surgeon can let me know what is happening on my 3 month check with voice etc.

Denise
age 36, live in UK
3.8cm AN diagnosed March 09
Retrosigmoid  3 Sept 09 at Heath hospital CARDIFF
debulked tumor facial nerve intact
headaches, balance issues and ssd

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 3 month check on 2nd dec mri on 3rd, is that right?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:22:24 pm »
Denise ~

I would call your neurosurgeon's office to explain that you may need to re-schedule your follow-up appointment because the original appointment conflicts with your MRI date.  I would certaily assume the doctor would want to see your 3-month MRI results....mine did...and he was very conservative in his approach. 

I'm sorry to learn that you're experiencing some difficulties, post-op.  I hope these will gradually improve, as often happens.  Your neurosurgeon should be able to offer you more answers.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:32:47 pm »
Hi Denise .....

Good to hear from you again, but sorry you are having a return of the headaches.  Are you trying to do too much?  It might be nature's way of saying to rest more.  As for the balance, do you have vestibular therapy available near you in Wales?  If not, there are a number of web sites with do-it-yourself exercises to help speed up the process.  Sometimes it takes the brain longer to adjust to the missing vestibular nerve.

I'm with Jim that you should call your neurosurgeon's office and reschedule your appointment ..... it sounds like a simple date mix-up in their office on when your MRI was scheduled vs your appointment.

Keep posting so we know how you are doing.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

denisecarey

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 05:37:03 pm »
hi again

Thank you for replying so quickly will phone tomorrow to re-schedule 3 month check.

Will let you know what was said.

Denise
age 36, live in UK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:42:21 pm »
Denise -

check with your doc.  They all seem to have different rules.  I didn't have a post op MRI until 1 year after my surgery.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

epc1970

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:07:42 am »
Hi Denise
I agree that your Dr may want to see the 3 month MRI for you appt especially sine you have tumor remaining and if I remember correctly you were going to have some form of radiation afterwards. I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues-I hope your Dr can shed some light on them at your appt. Keep us posted and take good care Denise!
Erin

denisecarey

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 07:40:22 am »
Hi all,

The apt on the 2nd has been cancelled and will be remade for a date after I have the mri on the 3rd.

I have had a very bad ear ache (deaf side) the last few days am not sure if i should go to the doctors or not.

Denise
age 36, live in UK

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 08:00:02 am »
Denise .....

Glad the MRI/appointment dates are straightened out now.  As for the earache, it most likely is not related to your surgery ..... however, you should certainly call your doctor's office and have it checked.  It is still possible to get an "ordinary" ear infection, which should be treated.

If it isn't one thing, it's another .......   ???

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011