Author Topic: Lunch in Atl postponed to Dec 12th!  (Read 7956 times)

cindyj

Lunch in Atl postponed to Dec 12th!
« on: November 21, 2009, 10:21:45 am »
Ok, I'm very late with this...sorry...But, how about Sat, Dec 5th at 12:00 at The Cheesecake Factory at Perimeter Mall?  Amy, Doc, Grace, Susan, Tammi, Tricia...who am I missing?  What do you think?  Know we've sort of talked about it, but know it is a very busy time.  So, just let me know who's game.  I'm always up for lunch :D  And, if you need to do some shopping, we'll be right at the mall!  Our regular support group meeting will be late Jan/Feb.

Cindy
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:41:13 pm by cindyj »
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Lunch in GA...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:36:57 am »
dang, dang, dang!  I KNOW that Cheesecake Factory well as has been there many times for Sunday brunch with the family! Dang!  And PapaPearl is there now for the holiday! Dang! Should have hopped the plane with him!

Dang!

Have a great time all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 08:33:42 pm »
So, guess everyone's too busy this time of year - so much going on, I know.  We'll just see you all at the next support group meeting early in the new year!

Phyl, yes, you should have come on down with PapaPearl!  We'll all be hoping to see you down here some time in 2010!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:58:08 pm »
I didn't see the post when it first went up or I would have said absolutely yes...!  If others jump in over the next few days, I'm still in...always available for lunch with my Wonky Headed Friends and I love Cheese Cake!

Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

cindyj

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 08:55:42 am »
Hey, again, Doc...ok, since you didn't see this thread, perhaps the other GA folks didn't either...did you, other GA folks?  Let us know if you can make it - I'm still game to go, just need to get some sort of head count and confirmation that someone besides Doc and me will be there :)  Spouses, friends and others are also welcome, of course!  Mine (husband) may tag along...

Cindy
feeling great!

Doc

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:50 am »
I'm still in!

:)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 11:24:00 am »
Cindy, I'm nowhere near Georgia so I won't be there, but I wonder if you went back and modified your original post to include the date and place in the title, whether you would get more responses?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

GRACE1

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 11:25:19 am »
I hope I will be able to come!

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

cindyj

Re: Lunch in Atl, GA Dec 5th!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 01:27:48 pm »
Good thinking, Sara!  Actually didn't know I could modify the subject line, but it worked - thanks!

We do just have a small group here...hard to believe in such a large area.  Grace, hope you can make it!  Tammi PM'd me to say she'd be out of town.  Got you down, Doc!  I know Tricia wants to join us if she returns from her little trip for some rad treatment in time.  Pretty awesome recovery time with the radiation route!  I'll give Amy a buzz to see if she can make it - know she's very busy with little ones, etc.  Waiting to hear back from Susan...Oh!  Kit!  Are you around?  Haven't heard from you in awhile - would love to see you guys!

Will update in the next couple of days...

Cindy
feeling great!

Tricia (horsekayak)

• Keenah and Tricia
Re: Lunch in Atl, GA Dec 5th - Cheesecake Factory
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 08:55:20 pm »
I missed the original post but have talked with cindy via phone...am planniing on lunch as long as i feel ok..so far so good...procedure was this morniing...i'm just very tired...but Cedar Key is a great little laid back beach town...love it...no McDonalds, no chain restaurants (altho I love cheesecake factory--just not at my beach hideouts!!!)...anyway, will have to wait till i'm settled back in at home, but am thinking optimistically....cindy--I'll PM and will call you and let you know for sure

tricia
Tricia (horsekayak)-Diagnosed 8/10/09
1.5 cm right side AN
Gainesville, GA (near horses and Lake Lanier)
Linac radiosurgery at Shands Hospital/Univ of Florida  12/1/09  Go Gators!!!

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way"...BT Washington

GRACE1

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 11:46:45 am »
Cindy: 

Someone at work just told me there are snow flurries forecast for Atlanta this weekend.  Is that true?

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.

cindyj

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 04:20:08 pm »
Cindy: 

Someone at work just told me there are snow flurries forecast for Atlanta this weekend.  Is that true?

Grace

I had that rumor also :-\  Can't believe it would actually do anything, though!  You think?  No, it can't be true.  Guess we'll just see what it looks like on Friday afternoon and make a decision about lunch then.  Goodness knows, we Atlantans can not drive in the snow :o  Tricia, you guys may want to just stay in FL a bit longer :D
feeling great!

Doc

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 05:18:54 pm »
Just watched 11Alive Weather with my buddy Pauli, he says chance of light snow saturday morning early...thats all.

;D
Doc

GRACE1

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 08:46:59 am »
Atlanta people:

I won't be able to make it on Sat after all.  I really hate that.  Be sure to let me know about the next gathering.  Have fun!

Grace

cindyj

Re: Lunch in Atl changed to Dec 12th!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 02:48:42 pm »
Ok, just want to confirm after our various telephone tag games today, that we are postponing our lunch til NEXT Sat (12/12).  Still 12:00 at The Cheesecake Factory.  Now we can all enjoy the Atlanta "blizzard" from the comfort of our homes!

Grace, Tammi, perhaps this might now work for you guys?  Haven't heard anything from Susan or Kit, but maybe they'll check in sometime this week. 

As it stands now, we have four of us for sure:

Doc
Amy
Tricia
Cindy
perhaps a spouse or two as well?

See you guys next Saturday!

Cindy
feeling great!