Author Topic: Middle Fossa Pictures posted  (Read 2835 times)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Middle Fossa Pictures posted
« on: November 26, 2009, 06:30:36 pm »
Not suer where I should have posted this, but I ended up posting some pictures on my blog that anyone can look at.

I had the Middle Cranial Fossa approach.  Went home feeling great, 3 days later....everything went crazy.   The pictures also show some poses from my Delayed onset of Facial Paralysis.     

I decided to post them there for myself too so I can see if I'm improving at all!

My blog is at www.thesanfordadventures.blogspot.com

Denise Sanford
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Kate B

• AN World
Re: Middle Fossa Pictures posted
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:51 pm »
Great idea to take pictures to track the progress of your delayed onset of facial paralysis.  Thanks for sharing.  I did not take your posts to be negative at all...just the opposite...very informative.

Did they determine the size of your tumor at the time of removal?  You mentioned that you had to w and w for 2 1/2 years due to another tumor you were watching.

It looks like you got a black eye from the surgery.

Kate

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:00:51 pm by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:37:41 pm »
Kate, yeah that was quite the eye, hey??  My husband said the swelling was way way worse then any of those pictures too.    Crazy!

I never dreamt of a blog, but it sure has been a huge blessing for me.   I know sometimes it is long, but hopeflully it will be helpful for others in the future too.

Ya know I have on my list of questions to ask about the size at removal of the tumor.   If they told me, I forgot.

Due to other health pain issues since the surgery, I'm going for a full MRI Monday.   I have to say sometimes I think with them opening my skull it won't set off the older tumor to grow.    (yeah, I suffer with  a little anxiety....can ya tell?) ;)

Denise
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 09:35:40 pm »
Denise,
You've probably posted this in a different thread, but what did Monday's MRI show?

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 12:03:53 am »
We're stil waiting on another docotor to call on monday.  Not positive, but my neruotologist said he don't tihink it's a mastoid infection, it's jut that some of the radiologists in smaller towns down see as much.

He told me to go ahead and contiue the atibiotic because it won't hurt hanything.   I was on stuper steroids for a few weeks, and he said that really lowes your ammune system.

thanks again
Denise

Tricia (horsekayak)

• Keenah and Tricia
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 01:08:42 am »
Am sending you hugs and support for continued improvement

tricia (horsekayak)
Tricia (horsekayak)-Diagnosed 8/10/09
1.5 cm right side AN
Gainesville, GA (near horses and Lake Lanier)
Linac radiosurgery at Shands Hospital/Univ of Florida  12/1/09  Go Gators!!!

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way"...BT Washington