Author Topic: This Week 11/29 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 6880 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 11/29 in the AN Calendar World
« on: November 29, 2009, 06:11:13 pm »
There was an underlying message in some of the threads regarding the Thanksgiving Day feast preparations, that message was, starting a few days early and accepting help, rather than trying to do everything yourself and in one day helped reduce stress and fatigue.
So, as the holiday season continues, please keep this message in mind ;)

Monday Doc (DoctorB) has a follow-up with his AN surgeon.  Doc, we hope your follow-up goes well and that he has some answers for you regarding your future CK treatment.  We are also keeping our fingers crossed that the eye procedure you had done last Wednesday to help preserve your cornea works.

Tuesday Tricia (horsekayak) will be having LINAC treatment.  You will be in our thoughts and prayers that the treatment is successful and that you are able to continue your work training the horses in the equine therapy programs for disabled/at risk kids.  Hopefully your balance issues will not keep you from horseback riding in the future.

Also on Tuesday Nancy (NancyMc) is celebrating her birthday.
HAPPY 59 FOREVER Nancy ;D
Hi to Dave, hope he’s doing better.

Wednesday though it is not on the AN Calendar, Doc (DoctorB) will be going back to his Eye Surgeon to have the sutures removed from last Wednesday’s procedure.  Good thoughts flowing your way Doc, hope he says everything is healing nicely.

Thursday Sharon (shabuck) who is located over in the UK will be having surgery in London.  Sharon, we know you can’t wait to get the surgery behind you, it will be over soon.  We will be praying that your surgery is successful and without complication.

Friday Sue (Suboo73) will be having her 1 year MRI.  Sue, we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers that your MRI indicates no growth, and that you are able to continue to W&W.

And for everyone on the recovery road, we hope you feel better each and every day.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Re: This Week 11/29 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 06:22:55 pm »
Thank you, Rich.  Dave is not feeling better, but your kind words are encouraging.  We'll be happy to get his surgery behind us . . . postieland!
I'm wondering and have been for a while how you and Scarlett are doing.
I'll be eating cake all day on Tuesday, so be thinking of me!
Seriously, best of luck to all with procedures and follow-up appointments and tests.  And Jo, honestly, say it ain't so!  Be sure to let us know the outcome of your meeting tomorrow.
On to the big 6 - 0.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

suboo73

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:41:57 pm »
Hi Rich,

Thank you for your words of encouragement - they mean a lot to me.
[I dislike the MRI but will try to be brave.  ::)]
My daughters were both here for the Thanksgiving weekend and put up the Christmas tree for me - it was so thoughtful!
For someone who always does the decorating at this time of year - well, i am grateful for my daughters' help.  God bless those can help others.

To all those having procedures and treatments - my thoughts and prayers for successful outcomes.

To the BD girl - no way your next stop is at 6-0......!  You look fabulous!
[So sorry to here Dave is not feeling better.  I don't remember the details of his surgery, but will say a prayer for him. Please keep us posted.]

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 03:23:36 pm »
Rich:

Our collective thanks and appreciation for the weekly update. 

My best wishes and prayers are with Tricia as she undergoes her radiation treatment on Tuesday (12/1).

Sharon (in the U.K.) will also be in the thoughts and prayers of many as she has her surgery on Thursday (12/3).

Doc has struggled with a variety of eye-related problems and my hope is that as his stitches are removed (12/2) his eye issues will finally begin to be resolved and that his follow-up doctor visit on Monday (11/30) will also be rewarding.

Happy Birthday to Nancy.  Still a lass at heart, I'm sure. 

We're all rooting for Sue to have a drama-free MRI scan Friday (12/4) and to be able to Watch-and-Wait for many more years. 

I echo Rich's good thoughts to those in recovery mode. 

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 11:03:19 pm »
Thanks Rich for you postings:

Hoping to add me (Denise Sanford) for about a 1 month follow up post surgery.   I have been having lots of troubles and some brain swelling.   

Went for full MRI's today and hopefully thigs will just keep getting better.

W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 07:38:05 am »
Rich,

Thanks as always for the update -- you really do a wonderful job!

DoctorB- I hope your followup visit with your AN doc goes well and he gives you the answers you're looking for with regard to CK.  I also hope your eye is healing well and that you get good news on that front.  Keep us posted.

Tricia - Good luck today with your LINAC treatment.   

Happy Birthday Nancy!  I'm sorry to hear that Dave is still not feeling well and hope that changes soon.

Sharon - Good luck on Thursday.  I hope you come through your surgery with flying colors and no complications.  Will someone be posting for you?

Sue -- Good luck with your trip to the Tube of Gloom on Friday.  No one enjoys them, but hopefully it will once again bring you good news.  Keep us posted.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 07:05:25 am »
shame on me for being late to this thread as I always try to stay on top of on-goings in our AN world...... :(  My bad.....

Many  have already endured this week and I send continued wellness wishes your way.  For those getting "younger" this week, MANY hippy burpday! ;)  For those having follow ups or visits to the Tube o' Gloom, good vibes, good vibes coming your way!

Try to have a good week all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 07:20:24 am »
What's the 'tube of gloom'?   :)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:24:28 am »
Denise .....

You made my first grin of the day!  The "tube of gloom" is the MRI machine that all of us have come to know and love!   ::) :'(

Rich, thanks again for keeping us up to date!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 11:19:58 am »
Oh gee thanks Clarice......I spent 2 1/2 hours in that "tube of gloom" yesterday  :(    At  least now I get it.

I should get some reports on all of the ''tube of gloom'' studies on Friday.

Glad  I got a grin out of you  ;D   That darn thing had me in tears by the time we were done.   Got too much going on.

Thanks tough!!!   I'll for sure never forget that one now!
Denise

Kaybo

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 11:05:59 am »
Good Luck & Prayers to all...Happy Birthdays too.

Today is also LA David's 2 YEAR anniversary!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 11:43:03 am »
Hi Kay,

Thanks for reminding everyone about LA David's anniversary.

Hi David,

Wishing you a very happy second ANniversary!   How is the balance thing going?

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 05:16:20 pm »
Hi Kay,

Thanks for reminding everyone about LA David's anniversary.

Hi David,

Wishing you a very happy second ANniversary!   How is the balance thing going?

Wendy

LADavid, I know its been a VERY difficult road, but congrats on 2 yr ANniversary! You KNOW I send my infamous hugglez your way!  :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 05:39:57 pm »
David,

2 years!  Wow.  You are an invaluable contributor to the forum. Thanks for all that you do!

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 08:49:58 pm »
Well,  I  know I wasn't on the list for this week for some reason (my name was on the calendar).   But I had my one month check up yesterday and the doctor John Zappia from MEI said I had so much swelling and ended up with the delayed onset of paralysis.   The paralysis getting about a hair better each day, so it will come, just don't know how long.     I had to have a MRI of brain all to the bottom of spine.    The brain is still a bit more swollen  then they usally see at this point, so I need to be on strict orders for another month at least.   There was one other possible concern that I possibly have a mastoid infection.  So they put me on antibiotics.   Said it won't hurt anything anyways due to thiis time of year and stuff going around anyways.

As for the spine stuff and neck pains I have been having, of course that isn't from the tumor, but possibly with laying on the talbe so long and in bed for 24 hours, may have flair up something in my body.   Luckily the neurosurgeon Dr. Pieper who worked on me is going to look at that stuff.

The hearing for sure is gone as of right now, but was told I still have a chance beacause of all the swelling.  Go back in 2 months for more check up and another hearing test.   If I do for sure has SSD, I will be inquiring with my insurance about a BAHA....they showed me that thing and I loved it.

I just have to say how patient and caring and wonderful my doctors and their staff have been down ther!!!   My tumor situation went great, it's just my body that is giving me trouble!!!

So. please keep me in prayers and thoughts!   Sorry I had to mention this here, but I'd be honest to say my feelings were a bit hurt when my name not mentioned and I knew I was on the calendar.   thanks
Denise S