Author Topic: One Month Post op tomorrow!  (Read 2107 times)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
One Month Post op tomorrow!
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:46:35 pm »
I know everyone has been so kind with everything, but I have been a wreck.

I am having a check up tomorrow after my middle fossa approach on 11/9 (3days sigh of a mont, but i need to get in)   I was feeling so great right after leaving the hospital, but a few days later I got the delayed onset of facial paraylis (I wasn't positive what it was for sure and thought maybe I was having a stroke)   At that time I still had double viision and my memory was short term too.   Plus I still had some of the tinnittus....which now gotten worse.   Couldn't barelly stand noises.  Can close my eye eiither, but really trying to keep it safel.   

I went back through my phamphlets and noticed I thiknk I gotten all but 2 side effects (macterial menengitis, and CSF leak)  {{anyone know how long before we ar oujt of the woods for those possbilties}?

I know my issues ar a bit different with my added spinal pain that most know about if they've read my blog.   But man, its just been crazy.

So, please keep me in thoughts and prayers for our findings tomorrow, plus being able to make a comfortable ride there & bak.

I don't know how to express enogh thast I found this forum an so many people with opions, thoughts,,anf fact.

With my loving heart,
Denise sanford
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: One Month Post op tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:01:41 am »
Oh Denise .....

I am so sorry you are having an awful time right now!  I think most of us can attest to the fact that it sometimes feels like one step forward, two steps backward ..... but it does get better!

You are definitely on the right path to have a checkup tomorrow, armed with many questions, I hope!  What you are experiencing is not the usual route of recovery so be sure to ask your doctor about every even tiny symptom you are having, especially if it is getting worse, not better.  Keep in mind that fatigue and extra stress are big roadblocks to how we handle pain and all of the emotional stuff.  You do need some answers and reassurance from your medical professionals.

My thoughts and prayers for the positive evaluation tomorrow, as well as for a safe/comfortable ride there and back.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:54:06 pm »
Clarice, you will probably see where I posted on the calendar list for last week.

I guess I didn't understand how some peoples names don't get mentioned.  I for one am going through physical heck and due to the issues with my body it is slowing my recovery from the surgery.   It is very saddening for me and my familly.

At least my doctors have been right on top of things and hopefully we find out something soon.   

I've also updated my blog again.

Thanks for keeping in your prayers and thoughts.   It's greatly appreciated!!

Denise S.
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 09:18:25 pm »
Yes, Denise, I saw your post on the "this week in the AN world" thread ..... not sure how your appointment was missed on the summary ..... Rich does a really good job with summarizing things from the calendar, but it had to have been an unintentional miss ...... not sure when your info was put on the calendar, nor when he looked at the calendar before summarizing.  I wish we had a direct link to the calendar from the forum's opening page ..... that's why I put it in my signature so I (and any others wishing to) could get to it more easily.  Even then, I sometimes forget to check it to add people to my "prayer list."

Please keep posting with your progress and/or how you are doing ..... and keep asking those questions.  We really do care!!

Some day you will look back at this time in your recovery as a big bump in the road that you can barely remember (that's where the short term memory loss is a blessing   :D).

My thoughts and prayers continue that your sadness will be lifted.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011