Author Topic: strange feelings  (Read 2081 times)

stevecms

strange feelings
« on: December 05, 2009, 02:30:52 pm »
hi guys,13 weeks on need a bit of advise.when i yawn i get a strange sort of sensation around the ear on the an side.also the scar seems to tingle and pulse.is it a sign of healing. :'(
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: strange feelings
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 02:36:06 pm »
hi guys,13 weeks on need a bit of advise.when i yawn i get a strange sort of sensation around the ear on the an side.also the scar seems to tingle and pulse.is it a sign of healing. :'(

I'm not a doctor so this opinion is strictly a guess but yes, I would attribute that sensation to healing of the incision and the skull.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: strange feelings
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:20:33 am »
This is all part of the healing processas per my GP he said that do not forget it was Brain Surgery and has effected the nerves so it will take time to heal and to be patient.  I received more information and details from him then my neurosurgeon... Just keep asking questions no matter how trivial you feel they are..

Regards,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.