Author Topic: White Christmas!!  (Read 19075 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: White Christmas!!
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2009, 10:34:48 pm »
The photos remind me of a beautiful picture I have of my mom, taken in black and white but hand-colored by the photographer to make her lips and cheeks pink.

In weather news, we are having a thunderstorm. In December.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 08:22:47 am »
It is all blowing, white & beautiful here!  I think the high today is 30 so if it doesn't all blow away, we may have a WHITE CHristmas after all!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 09:43:01 am »
I'm jealous!  All we have is rain and gray skies.  It is supposed to clear and get colder, but I would love a white Christmas!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 10:13:32 am »
Priscilla~
I'd tell you to come on here but I don't think much is coming in & out.  I just ran to Walmart (of course!) and to Barnes & Noble (have to support Addi's reading habit) and it was NOT pretty.  The blowing snow makes visibility bad and drifting is not good - saw many cars stuck and there is going to be a big pile-up because you can't see the cars stopped until you are right on them.  The wind is 35 mph and that is not the GUSTS!  At least we have WHITE, though!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2009, 12:17:27 pm »
Still rainy and gray here too, Priscilla. Good thing my mood isn't!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

stevecms

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2009, 02:01:38 pm »
Hi,all this talk of snow is fab,but if we get a couple of inches in the uk the whole country grinds to a halt.We love a good moan about the weather here lol.happy xmas and a good new year,steve. :)
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

Aussie Chris

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2009, 01:57:52 am »
Hi Capt Deb. Remember me from about 3yrs ago? Maybe you remember the TimTams? Sorry I haven't got an up to date photo of myself for the forum. I am still living in Queensland, Australia. Little sucker (AN) still being monitored yearly. Hasn't changed. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas and good luck to all in the new year. Regards. Chris
3.1cm AN treated by radiation approx 3yrs ago

grega

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2009, 10:47:15 am »
Hi Cap'n Deb .... yep, beautiful pics of the snow.  We had 22" near Annapolis, but all just about gone now cause of higher temps and rain.  But watch out for New Year's Eve .... another storm on the way, although not as severe.

Hi Aussie Chris .... my Mom's a WW2 war-bride from Brisbane..... hope all is warm and well where you are!

Happy New Year all !!!!!!  ;D !!!!!!!

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

moe

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2009, 11:28:52 am »
Thank you for the beautiful progression of your White Christmas, Capn Deb!
So tranquil and serene looking.
A couple of those black and white photos would look beautiful in a black and white frame :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Aussie Chris

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2009, 02:12:49 pm »
Hi Greg. It is hot and humid in Brisbane. We have recently been getting a fair bit of rain which makes it more humid. Wouldn't mind a bit of that snow stuff you have all been talking about  :). Happy New Year

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2009, 09:45:02 am »
Oy Chris!!!  My TimTam Fairy Godmother!!  Howtheheckarrrrrrrrrrya????  We have missed you here, O Official Shark Wrangler o' the PBW!!!  The dang sharks all got loose in yer absence and need to be wrangled up again!!  Glad to hear the dreaded brainbooger is not rearing it's ugly noggin.

We had a massive ice storm Christmas Eve--county in a state of emergency and no power Christmas morning.  Trees down everywhere. Dr Love got up at 6:30 and made a fire to warm up the house when I rolled outta me bunk at 9:00.  I sure hope Santa made the rest of his deliveries in that storm!!

Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!!!

Hugs,

Capt Deb
(sad that she is missing the world's best New Years Eve Party at Foxy's on Jast Van Dyke, BVI!!)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Aussie Chris

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2009, 05:36:42 pm »
Hi Capt Deb. You haven't changed at all have you. Good on ya. A lot of things have changed in my life, for the better. All the talk about snow sounds really weird to me because I am sitting here sweating. Not that real ladies sweat of course  ;) The thought of sitting rugged up by a fire sounds really lovely. Of course there would be more practical problems with the cold but let me be totally oblivious to that will you.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2010, 09:14:19 pm »
DID SOMEONE SAY SPLENDA?????  Deb, I'm usually the one gettin Splenda.  Glad you got a White Christmas.  We have had only a few light storms 4-6" at a time, and only one big 2 footer a few weeks back.  SO far not much.  But I know how it goes, it's waiting for Jan/Feb to dump, dump, dump.
 Hi ya Chris,  I remember you from way back when we were having the Tim Tam attacks on the PBW  GM thread.  Hope yer doing well.  I kinda quite comin on her but a regrowth sent me back again.  Havin surgery #2 in 10 days.  Enjoy tht nice OZ weather for us.  I still PM with Laz, he went to NZ over the holidays, that lucky guy.

see ya
patti ut   aka  Yotee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Aussie Chris

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2010, 05:07:12 am »
Hi Patti (Yotee). Sorry to hear you are going back in for surgery. Good luck with that. I am sure everyone on the forum will be thinking of you. Laz is very lucky. New Zealand is a beautiful place. I actually saw snow on the mountains there. Didn't get any closer than that though unfortunately. Would have loved to play in the snow. I am such a child.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2010, 10:12:10 pm »
I have found that as I get older snow gets colder  :o ...used to play in short sleeves and snow over my head when dad was stationed in Alaska ... guess 6 year old body didn't have sense to be cold

I enjoy snow looking ourt windows or in pictures and you got some beutiful pictures for me to enjoy ... they are calling for snow Thursday here ... nothing that will last and probably no more than 2 inches if it makes it to us ...

but it was 14 this morning on the porch and 16 yesterday... if it is going to be cold I would just as soon have snow with it ... cold by it's self seems pointless ... and they are saying 5 this weekend
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery