Author Topic: This Week 12/27 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 2977 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 12/27 in the AN Calendar World
« on: December 27, 2009, 12:14:42 pm »
We hope everyone had a great Christmas, and that no one received a lump of coal ;D ;D

Sharon (shabuck) had her surgery on 12/3 in London, we still do not have any news.
Cathy (Anrookie) posted on 12/21 after her surgery.  It appears that everything went well, and in her words “I am feeling pretty good”.
Brenda’s (Sobes) husband Bret was kind enough to let us know that everything went good with her 12/22 surgery, and has made it to Postieland without complication. 
Prayers and good vibes go out you, and all who are recovering.

Monday Marie (gingerbread6) is having retrosigmoid surgery.  Scarlett and I had the pleasure of meeting Marie on 10/25/09 at the AN Brunch in Worcester MA.  Marie we know how eager you are to get this behind you.  We’ll be praying that The Magic Scarf brings you comfort and a successful and uncomplicated surgery.

Thursday Melissa (Melissa778) is scheduled to have cranioplasty.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, that the procedure is a success.

Friday we celebrate the New Year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.  2010 here we come ;)

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

epc1970

Re: This Week 12/27 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 03:15:48 pm »
Rich
I''ll be sure to update you all on how Marie is doing as soon as I hear from her family. Marie, I am sending you my best thoughts and parayers for a successful surgery. I can't wait to talk to you as a Postie!
Erin

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 03:44:48 pm »
My compliments to Rich on another excellent AN update.  I hope Rich and Scarlett enjoyed a pleasant Christmas, just as I did.

I also met Marie at the October AN Northeast Discussion group brunch.  She is a fine lady and will be in my thoughts and prayers as she ventures into surgery on Monday (28th).  I also will pray that Melissa's cranioplasty goes smoothly and has the desired result. 

I'll add my congratulations to Bren, Cathy and Sharon on their successful surgeries.   Welcome to 'postie-land, one and all!  :)

I'm looking forward to a very good year in 2010 and I truly hope that all of our members have an equally good year!

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Vivian B.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 05:00:18 pm »
Good wished and a speedy recovery to everyone.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Keri

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 10:04:57 pm »
Happy New Year to everyone and a late Merry Christmas!

I hope and pray everyone's treatments and procedures go well this week.

Thank you, Rich, for the great updates. I just read the last two weeks, as I've been a bit out of touch lately.

Have a good week!
Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 06:05:37 pm »
Rich,

A special thanks to you for keeping us updated even in the maddening rush of the holidays.  Thanks for making the extra effort -- it is very much appreciated!

Sharon - I hope everything went well for you and you are on the mend.  You continue to be in my prayers

Cathy - - I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.  Best wishes for a continued smooth recovery.

Brenda -  I'm glad to hear things went well for you too.  I'm, sending wishes for a continued speedy and uncomplicated recovery.

Marie - Sending prayers and wishes for a quick uncomplicated recovery. 

Melissa - Best of luck on Thursday.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone in our AN family!

Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!