Author Topic: This Week 1/3 “2010” in the AN Calendar World  (Read 3219 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 1/3 “2010” in the AN Calendar World
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:36:35 am »
Things have been pretty busy over the last couple of weeks.

We still do not have any news on Sharon (shabuck), who had her surgery on 12/3/09 in London, or Melissa (Melissa778), on how things went with her cranioplasty on 12/31/09.

Laura (lholl36233) finished her proton treatments on 12/23/09, and in her words “I’m officially a postie toastie”.

Kate (KJ) finished her Novalis FSR treatments on 12/2309.

Bob (stoneaxe) became a grandfather for the first time on 12/23/09.

Sue, (Sue) in Vancouver USA, had her MRI on 12/28/09 and the results were that the AN is lifeless, and stable after having had GK in 2006.

Our newest postie Marie (gingerbread6) had retrosigmoid surgery on 12/28/09, made it home before New Years Eve, and appears to be recovering very well.

Congratulations to those that have completed their treatments, to the new Grand Pa, and to our newest posties.  And, continued good thoughts and prayers to all that are recovering.

Monday Lauren (ombrerose4) is having BAHA surgery.  Lauren, we are sorry to read about your recent fall, and hope that your ankle heals quickly.  Good vibes your way for a successful surgery.

Also on Monday, Doc (Doc B) starts CK treatments, a total of five treatments that will finish on Friday.  We hope your treatments go well this week, and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers that things settle down for you in 2010.

Tuesday Priscilla (msmaggie) is celebrating a birthday.  Happy Birthday Pricilla we hope you have a great day.

Also on Tuesday, Kim (kimmccan) is having surgery to remove her AN.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers that all goes well and that there are no complications.  You can follow her updates at:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/kimmccann

Thursday Lynn (Lynn Mc) will be headed to MGH in Boston for her pre-ops.  Lynn we hope all goes well, and that your concerns about your hip will be put at ease.

And for some New Year Cheer, Cheryl (another NY postie) celebrated 100 post-op days on New Years day, and as she puts it has had a remarkable recovery.  Check out her 14 week post-op update at:
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=11462.msg132388#msg132388

Happy New Year,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This Week 1/3 “2010” in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:42:23 pm »
Rich -

thanks for the wonderful recap - it's nice to see it all put together this way instead of having to refer to the AN Calendar.  I appreciate the time you take every week to do this.

Best wishes to those recovering and having treatment - and a special shout out to Lauren who is having BAHA surgery.  Not that I don't wish everyone else well, but it's no secret I'm pro-BAHA and know she'll be thrilled with the results ;D

And a big Happy Birthday to Priscilla.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:07:04 pm »
Ya know Rich.... really REALLY working hard on that extra apple dumplin' eh?  MAJOR HNY hugglez to you (and Scarlett!) :) Well done.

For all those that had recent treatments, became GrandpaBob (YAY! The pic was SO cute!), are now "toastie posties" and doing follow ups (Vancouver Sue, sending MAJOR  congrats to you! Well done!).... continued wellness wishes to you all!

For all those prepping and getting ready for treatments and follow ups this week.... know that you all are in my thoughts, sending wellness wishes your way... and Doc, Dr Phyl says to bring fun music with you for the CK treatment....   Hippy Burpdays to Maggie.... and Cheryl.... well done, m'dear! :)

Be well all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:25:22 pm »
Rich ~

My usual but ever-sincere thanks for your time and effort in organizing and posting this week's AN events.  Fine job - and much appreciated.

I offer my wishes and prayers for Kim as she undergoes AN surgery on Tuesday.  Same for Doc as he begins his CyberKnife treatments (Monday) and of course, best wishes for Lauren as she receives her BAHA implant on that day. 

I trust that Lynn's pre-op tests will go smoothly and that they not find anything that could change her surgery schedule.

Congratulations once again to Marie as she recovers from her surgery - and my best to all of our recovering members.

Finally, a Happy Birthday shout to Priscilla on her birthday.  :)

Here's hoping 2010 will be a banner year for all of us in whatever way we need it to be.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 06:43:32 pm »
RIch~

Thank you again for all of the time & effort you put in to doing this each week - it is TRULY appreciated.  It probably wasn't on the calendar, but Kathy M goes in Tuesday (1/5) for yet another surgery to try again to clean out her original surgery site and put in another PICC line.  I believe that it is strep that is causing her trouble...after that, she will then have a mastectomy on the 14th as she has been diagnosed with breast cancer amidst all this other trouble.  We really need to keep her in our prayers!  Prayers and good wishes to everyone else too!

K   
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:45:09 am »
Wow!  So much for our Editor-In-Chief to report.  Thanks, Rich.  Give Scarlett a hug from me in addition to the ones from you.
Good luck and congratulations to all, and Happy Birthday to Priscilla!
Thinking of you Kathy M.  Sorry for the rough road.  I hope it will all be behind you soon and you can wave hospitals good bye for a long while.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »
Kaybo -

thanks of reminding us about Kathy M's surgeries.

Will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 10:03:19 pm »
Thanks Rich, for putting so much work into keeping up with everyone. It's so helpful.

It is a busy week. I wish everyone the best - our prayers and thoughts are with you!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Lynn Mc

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 01:23:48 pm »
Hi Rich,

Had my pre-op yesterday & I definitely am feeling a little better about this.  My little not so friendly friend has grown AGAIN reinforcing my decision.  They are very aware of my hip concerns & have everything flagged so everyone will know.  Now I can't wait for this thing to be GONE!!
Thanks for keeping us all posted on the very busy schedule.  You do an awesome job.

Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"