Author Topic: Dr. David Haynes is he good????????  (Read 3911 times)

Danny2006

Dr. David Haynes is he good????????
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:04:43 pm »
Hey

I am new at this, but I think I will be at this for a while. I was just informed by my Doc. that I had an AN. it is small, 10mmx8mm and have a few of the symptoms. Dizziness, hearing loss, tinnitus, and possibly headaches...I think they may be stress related???.
I am currently on active duty with army. I am stationed at FT. Campbell KY. I have been having dizzy spells since last May or June. I thought nothing of them because I thought it was just the heat in the desert of Iraq. Boy was I wrong. I am seeing a doc at Vanderbilt in Nashville named David Haynes, Has anyone used him???. He seems to be good, and I am lucky to be able to use a civilian doc at all, with the Army rules and regs. I have been told by local people that he is good. Guess we will see.
If anyone knows anything about him, Please respond.
Thanks Danny

10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

Battyp

Re: Dr. David Haynes is he good????????
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:54:57 pm »
Hi Danny,
  I don't know anything about him but you should be able to do a state check to see if he's had any medical malpractice claims, his schooling info etc..

Sorry you are joining our club!  Know we are here to answer any questions you have!

frauch

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:58:54 pm »
My fiance was recently diagnosed with AN and we are headed to meet Dr. Gary Jackson with the Otology Group in Nashville (we live in Memphis).  David Haynes is in that same group and you can read more about him and the group if you GOOGLE "the otology group".  We have not yet seen Dr. Jackson but he has been incredibly informative and responsive to our questions.  Best of luck!!!

Danny2006

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 12:18:32 pm »
Thanks Frauch and battyprincess

I did the google search, amd am reading now...
Thanks again for the support.
Danny
10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

positive

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 07:33:59 pm »
I was referred to Dr Haynes in July 2005.  I was confident that he had lots of experience with this type of surgery.  You may want to find out how many of these surgeries he does in a year and what was the outcome.  You'll want a doctor with lots of experience.
I also was seen by Dr Steven Abrams who works with Dr Haynes.  They were both very knowledgeable and great to talk with.
I also went to Emory in Atlanta and was seen by Dr. Jeffery Olson.  Great doctor also.   But after my research and speaking with Dr Brackmann at the House Ear Clinic, I choose him.  Good luck to you in making your decision.  I know this is one of the roughest times you can experience, but keep the faith that all will turn out well. 
Surgery @ House Ear Clinic.

PRussel

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 11:47:32 am »
Hi, Danny.

I have heard good things about Dr. Haynes and Dr. Abrams, but I was referred to Dr. Jackson (neurotologist) and Dr. Hampf (neurosurgeon) by my PCP and ENT here in Nashville (I live in Gallatin--saw the tornado, but had no damage to my house!).  My ENT said he thought Dr. Jackson was one of the best AN surgeons in the world.  I am extremely happy with my outcome.  I am 7 weeks out now and have a bit of dizziness when I get tired or overdo and, of course, cannot hear out of my right ear.  Other than that and that I get tired a bit more quickly, I feel great!  I know a couple of nurses who work with Dr. Haynes and can ask them for more info if you'd like.

Be sure you research your other options.  I am very happy with the choice I made, happy with my outcome and would not change a thing, but you might want to also consider radiation or wait and watch since your AN is relatively small.  Mine was small too but causing similar symptoms to yours.  Do you have a surgery date set?
Good luck,
Patty

Female, 50
1cm rt AN
Translab 2/22/06
Drs. Jackson & Hampf, Baptist Hosp., Nashville, TN