Author Topic: This Week 1/10 “2010” in the AN Calendar World  (Read 3188 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 1/10 “2010” in the AN Calendar World
« on: January 10, 2010, 12:30:50 pm »
We still do not have any news on Melissa (Melissa778), regarding her cranioplasty on 12/31/09.

Sharon (shabuck), is home after a two week stay at the hospital.  She had a rough time with her 12/3/09 surgery in London.

Though it was not on the AN Calendar, Jim (JimC) had GK treatment on 1/1/2010 at Cleveland Clinics Gamma Knife Facility, and has a follow up on Jan. 12
He posted this link to an article on Gamma Knife:
http://www.cme-ce-summaries.com/otolaryngology/ot3917.html

Lauren (ombrerose4) had BAHA surgery, and everything went very well.

Doc (Doc B) is scheduled to finish CK treatments today, after a brief delay.  You can read his blog at:
www.wonkyhead.com

Kim (kimmccan) posted that “The outcome was far beyond my expectations”.

Lynn’s (Lynn Mc) pre-ops went well in Boston, and they put her concerns about her bad hip at ease.

Congratulations to our newest Posties, and to those that had treatments/pre-op testing, and continued good thoughts for speedy recoveries to all that are traveling that road.

This week:

Monday Karen (Omaschwannoma), previously (Arushi), celebrates her 5 year anniversary.  Happy Anniversary Karen, you are a valued Hero Member.

Tuesday Mei Mei (Mei Mei) will be having retrosigmoid surgery.  We hope the presents of your daughter and the arrival of your new granddaughter on 12/26, will give you comfort and something to look forward.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a successful surgery, and speedy recovery.

Also on Tuesday we want to wish Jim (JimC) the best on his follow-up appointment after having had GK treatment on 1/1/10.

Wednesday Paula (pb) is having GK treatment.  Good vibes your way also for successful results with your treatments.

Thursday Kevin (Amplified2000) will have ABR, VNG, and ASSR testing.  I have to admit I do not know what the ASSR test is for.  We hope that all the test results are favorable.

Saturday Sue (Vogstar5) is celebrating a birthday.  Happy Birthday Sue.

We will also keep Kathy (KathyM) and Cheryl’s (another NY postie) friend’s son Riley in our thoughts and prayers as she battles breast cancer, and he battles leukemia.

Have a great week everyone,

Rich & Scarlett  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:44:20 pm by Rich56 »
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 1/10 “2010” in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:59:18 pm »
Thanks Rich, as always.  Another fine job of updating the AN community.

I'll be succinct and wish the surgery and radiation patients splendid outcomes and minimal-to-no complications in their procedures.  Best of outcomes to those undergoing pre-op testing and those having follow-up appointments.  Happy birthday to Sue and happy 5th 'AN anniversary' to Karen.  I'm elated over Kim's excellent surgery outcome as well as Lauren's good BAHA surgery result  I'm also pleased about Jim C's successful GK procedure and that Doc is finally finishing up his CK treatment after that unexpected delay for machine repairs.   I'm glad Lynn's pre-op went well for her and her hip issue has been satisfactorily addressed. 

I'm sorry Sharon had such a hard time and I trust things will soon improve for her.  I also hope to soon learn about Melissa's crainoplasty.    Finally, prayers continue for Kathy and Cheryl's friend's son, 12-year-old Riley, who is battling cancer. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

suboo73

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:22:44 pm »
Hi Rich!

Thank you for the detailed update on all previous treatments, and those yet to come.  Prayers all around to those having surgery, radiation and follow-up testing.
Continued prayers for Kathy and Riley -- stay strong.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, KAREN!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUE!

Please also keep Kelly718 (new member!) in your thoughts as she receives her update on her 'Tube O' Gloom' [MRI] report on Wednesday.
May the report be totally uneventful, boring and with no growth.

Have a great week, all.

Sincerely,
Sue

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:49:00 pm »
Rich,

Thank you as always for your wonderful update.  Without you, I, and many others I'm sure, would never keep up with what is going on.

Melissa - I'm sending good vibes  your way.  I hope the craioplasty did the trick.

Sharon - I replied to you under another thread, but I'm sending wishes for a speedy and umcomplicated recovery now that you are home.

Jim - I hope your GK treatment was not too bad and look forward to hearing what the docs have to say when you go for your next visit.

Lauren - Just wanted to say again how happy I am that things went so well!

Doc - I hope the cyberknife treatments were easier than you expected and are a huge success.

Kim - Glad to hear that you had such a great outcome.  Allow yourself to be pampered as you heal, you deserve it. 

Lynn’s - I'm glad to hear your pre-op tests went well and that the doctors were able to put your mind at ease regarding y our questions about your hip problems.  One less thing to worry about!   :)

Karen - Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary.  I know your journey has not been smooth sailing and that you continue to meet challenges with  spirit and strength.

Mei Mei - Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter!  You will be in my thughts and prayers on Tuesday and I hope your surgery ihas a wonderful outcome and that your recovery is quick anduncomplicated.  Will someone be posting for you?

Paula -  Good luck with your GK treatment on Wednesday.  Sending positive vibes your way.

vin - Good luck with your tests on Thursday.

Sue - Sending you early wishes for a very  Happy Birthday!

Kathy -  As always, you and your family are in my prayers.

Cheryl - I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend's son Riley.  It is so tragic and seems so unfair when children are afflicted with such horrible things.  He and his family will be in my prayers.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:32:55 am »
Rich~
What would I do without you and these updates?  I don't have time to read EVERY thread but you not only read them, but take note and report on them!!  Thank you, thank you , thank you!!

As always...prayers and healing thoughts to everyone, happy birthday. happy anniversary, etc!

Have a good week everyone!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 07:58:21 am »
Best of luck to all!  And let me add a Happy Birthday Sue and Happy Anniversary Karen as well.
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Keri

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 02:19:47 pm »
Thank you, Rich!

Happy birthdays and anniversaries; many prayers going out to the ones with procedures, surgeries and who are recovering.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!