Author Topic: Ear noises  (Read 1451 times)

designergal

Ear noises
« on: January 16, 2010, 07:52:27 am »
Hello!
I am now a watch and wait because of an unexpected pregnancy.  I have complete hearing in my AN ear....but a few days ago I started having a bell type noise that happens every few seconds or when I am a loud place.   Has anyone experience this before?  I do have some sinus problems with the pregnancy for the past month or so but no ear problems......
thanks!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Ear noises
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:59:25 am »
designergal -

I believe you are experiencing tinnitus - a very common symptom for those with ANs before and after treatment.  Additionally some people who don't have ANs also experience tinnitus.

I say, I believe, because I'm one of the few who don't have tinnitus.  But from what others have described it sounds like you do.

There are lots of threads on the Forum about tinnitus, some of them discuss ways to "cure" it.  However, to my knowledge, there is no cure; only ways to minimize it or learn to ignore it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

epc1970

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 11:56:58 am »
Designergal
I think Jan might be right...tinnitus. That "bell like" sound was my first and only symptom that lead to my daignosis. For me it first started when I had a cold and was congested but it did not sit right with me that is was from my cold so I whent to an ENT who ordered the MRI that diagnosd my AN.  I do not have it now post surgery but not every has that luck and still have the tinnitus post treatment.
Erin

designergal

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:59 pm »
I do have constant tinnitus...but this is something new....hopefully it just something to do with my sinus issues!
thanks for the reply's!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 02:01:06 pm »
It could just be a change in the noises your tinnitus gives you.

Not everyone with tinnitus has the same noises all the time.  Noises can change and the loudness/softness of the noises can also change.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Vivian B.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 04:35:53 pm »
Hi There,

I have experienced many weird noises in my ear since last being diagnosed. I also related it to sinuses until I got diagnosed in March 09. I actually thought it was a sinus infection and was treated for one prior to the diagnosis. When I am in loud places, I prefer to  plug my ear with a cotton ball. It just feels better, otherwise my head feels all disoriented You get used to it after awhile, part of this whole experience.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.