Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 434571 times)

Kaybo

Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #1155 on: November 14, 2011, 10:40:27 am »
OK - I did it...I actually walked this morning and did a few exercises...only 2 miles but better than the big NOTHING that I have been doing!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Brewers7

« Reply #1156 on: November 14, 2011, 12:30:31 pm »
Way to go Kaybo.  I actually got a total of about 5 miles in Saturday (ran 4 walked 1).  I am still terribly slow but improving. 
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Jill Marie

« Reply #1157 on: November 15, 2011, 08:38:56 pm »
Thanks Susan & Kay, I'm glad when the workout is over but really GLAD I did it.  Will keep plugging away!

Kay - Glad to hear you crawled back on the wagon, I was hoping I wouldn't have to take a break from my workouts to fly down to pull you back up.  I'm surprised you made it between taking care of Dave and doing all the other things you have to do.  Glad to hear Dave is doing great and hope the girly is better.

Susan - Yeah on the 5 miles, I haven't run more than a few feet in years so you should be proud of yourself. 

Take Care, Jill 8)
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #1158 on: November 15, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »
My deltoid is STILL sore. Probably time to check on whether it is more than tendonitis.

Other than that, still plugging along.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #1159 on: November 17, 2011, 01:56:13 pm »
Tendonitis it is. Rest, ibuprofen, and ice massage four times a day. Does the doctor not know it is November?
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

Kaybo

« Reply #1160 on: November 17, 2011, 04:16:58 pm »
Oh Sara!!

I walked 2 miles again today...not much but something!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jill Marie

« Reply #1161 on: November 22, 2011, 10:00:14 pm »
Good evening,  Just wanted to let you guys know I made it thru week 2 and have started week 3 of being back on the exercise wagon. 

Sara, sorry to hear about the tendonitis hope you feel better soon.

Kay, YEA, 2 miles is something.

The club just sent me my bill for next year $261.74, hubby said Wow that's a , I said, Wow that's really good! I go there 5 nights a week from Nov to April so it's a great deal.  On a bad note they close at 2 tomorrow so I will rush home after work so hubby and I can hopefully walk Rose before it's to dark.  Perhaps we can work in a walk on Thanksgiving as well, we will surely need it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!   :) :)
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #1162 on: November 25, 2011, 10:03:47 am »
Been dragging donkey around here ...

took a fall on the 18th and a bit sore from it  ... still walking and moving but just not as much and very slowly ... my sister fell on the 18th too and was paralyzed from waist down until Monday... she has some movement in her legs now but can't walk without a walker and someone holding her at waist by a belt/harness contraption ... they though she had broken her back but are now saying just bruised spine ... my mom has been staying with her during the day ... she is about an hour and a half from me so I have been just visiting by phone ... with girls in school it makes it hard to help , not that I would be able to hold her up and balance both of us ...so we laugh about getting old and go on

I am still maintaining weight loss , as in I haven't gained any back ... so that is a plus ... hoping with school carnival behind us me and walking partner can get back into our routine ... felt alot better when we were walking daily ...tired but better
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Jill Marie

« Reply #1163 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:51 pm »
Soundy, hope you and your sister are feeling better soon.  I too am just happy not gaining, especially this time of year.  Finished week 3 of being  back on the wagon.  They closed the club early Wednesday and I had to make a couple last minute purchases so didn't walk with Hubby but was back at the club friday after work.  Then on Sunday Hubby had cabin fever so we walked to the store, not sure how long, guessing 6 miles.  We were gone 2 hours and I have slight shin splints so it was a good work out.   Hope everyone is doing fine, busy with the Holidays I'm sure!  Jill Marie

cindyj

« Reply #1164 on: November 29, 2011, 03:22:22 pm »
HELLO, everyone!  How are y'all doing?  So glad to see this thread is still going strong!  Haven't had time to go back and read everyone's posts, but hope things are ok with all of you...since I last posted (I think), we did buy the house, lived w/ Brad's mom for about 3 months while renovating, moved in and are STILL renovating (may never be finished ;)), got my son safely off to Japan in Sept to study for a year at a university in Nagoya (yes, I miss him terribly - thank goodness for Skype!). Have been jog/walking every so often, but not like I should.  My friends & I did sign up for the breast cancer 1/2 marathon in Jax, FL again.  So, that has "forced" us to get serious again...race is in Feb.  Brad & I are still dancing every week, though!  Can not imagine not dancing now...wish we had started years ago...

I have truly missed you all and hope I can get back to the forum regularly now - especially this thread!  See you all soon!  Keep burning those calories!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Kaybo

« Reply #1165 on: November 29, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »
So good to hear from you, Cindy!!

I figure that I have no excuses and no major distractions now so I must get serious again.  I'm 2 for 2 at the gym this week and have started really getting serious about WW again!

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Soundy

« Reply #1166 on: November 30, 2011, 05:29:49 pm »
walked 3 miles at school today and now debating on whether to go to church because my
legs are restless and can't stay still...I could get there early so I can sit at back and no one
will be behind me to see me fidget
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #1167 on: December 12, 2011, 08:04:51 pm »
walked a couple miles yesterday toting a 30-30 and Hannah toting a 20 gauge shot gun ... she wants to get a deer ... me ...not so much ... especially when it is 21* on my porch ... we saw a doe she didn't want and buck that she thought was too far away ... if she would shoot the 30-30 it would have reached her target... I am only there as back up so didn't take a shot ...I have hunted out of necessity in the past ,  but I am no hunter ...

I was cold and achy but went on to church anyway ... I couldn't understand much of  of anything the preacher was saying because my frozen tail kept interrupting my thoughts ... we are  creeping up on our goal of 200 miles before Christmas but may not make it ... after we got back from church my back was hurting to the point I took to my bed ...I thought that it was just due to the walking I did up and down the hills ... but then started having to get up and dribble every few minutes... I have a kidney stone stuck and it is backing up things ... I have until Thursday morning to get rid of it and have significant improvement on white count in urine and the amount of blood that is also in it ... then it is roto router time

I feel water logged from pushing water... and the medicine to stop spasms is making me goofy ... plan on getting rid of kids in the morning then sitting here eating water pills and drinking alot of water to push things through ... don't think I could walk a mile right now even if I had a bear behind me
Translab July 2 ,2007

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #1168 on: December 15, 2011, 10:08:31 pm »
Got knocked on my butt by a respiratory infection - didn't quite develop into bronchitis, thank the good Lord, but still lots of coughing and wheezing. Slowly getting over it - walking at school tomorrow and then easing back into workouts starting Monday.
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #1169 on: December 16, 2011, 05:11:21 pm »
OK ..... I've been AWOL from this thread for weeks while checking out some non-AN related health issues.  Finally got my rear end back to the Y last week ...... slowly, but surely, getting back in better physical shape.  I've lost 14 pounds so far on Weight Watchers ..... 12 more to go.  Already am enjoying not stuffing myself into my clothes!!!

and Kay ...... the ARC Trainer is killing me!!  Maybe I will eventually be able to increase the length of time on it!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011