Author Topic: Proton radiosurgery  (Read 6068 times)

russ

Re: Proton radiosurgery
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:23:21 pm »
Hi
  Proton Beam =s more $$. Will all insuranses cover it as the track record is too short to follow and only Loma Linda and MGH offer it?
  I have read possible increase in adverse facial nerve outcome.
  Please don't ask for a link. I have read it positively, however, and on a reputable site.
  BEST WISHES IN THIS!

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Proton radiosurgery
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 09:52:57 pm »
Doug,

Just picked up this thread today. Sorry to hear about your daughter Amanda. I had surgery 3.5 years ago and have had chronic headaches since. Some days are just unbearable. I take Neuontin 3*300mg per day. On really bad days, i double that. Does this drug help me? well, it does coz when i don't take it, the pain is unbelievable.

I have tried accupuncture, loads of anti inflam meds, cortizone injected into the cut area of the head, all to no avail. I continue to see other doctors in the hope that someone has a magical cure. there are a few headache based threads on this site where you can pick up some snipets of info.

I reckon my headaches are caused by the physical trauma of the op (maybe my surgeon was late for his golf game).

I am told that in most cases, the headaches go away over time. I guess there are always exceptions.

i do hope that you find Amanda some pain relief and if you do, let us know.

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz