Author Topic: Scary Lunch Out  (Read 5344 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: Scary Lunch Out
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 08:24:39 am »
I remember they started doing "swallowing studies" on me while I was still in the ICU; ice chips, apple sauce and that awful thickened water. The last one they did had me sitting in front of an x-ray machine and the Speech Therapist watching on a screen behind a wall. Until that point, I was being fed via a feeding Tube stuck directly into my stomach...I have the most interesting scar a few inches above my belly button...in fact, I have two Belly Buttons, or so it appears...insert joke here...but I digress!  Wait, I just thought of this...my newest Belly Button is Lint Free...as I continue to digress!

My right eye also tears a lot, especially when I'm lying around in front of the TV. I wear glasses with the left (AN effected) lens covered with clear shelving contact paper. This stops the double vision since I can't see past the paper. I think this causes the right eye to stream tears so much. I do not have dry-eye issues on the right side.

I've lost my train of thought...forgot what I was going to say next...?!?

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

moe

Re: Scary Lunch Out
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 09:48:38 am »
It's OK doc, I know how you feel ;D
(Why did I come in this room, OR What was I going to say?)
Anyway,thanks for the update. I guess  a good idea is just don't eat in front of clients, or order applesauce!
Keep truckn ;)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty