Author Topic: iPhone Headset  (Read 2216 times)

dufreyne

iPhone Headset
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:16:25 pm »
Does anyone know of an iPhone headset that would work well with Single Sided Deafness?
Specifically I'm looking for:
1.  Single Sided Headphone
2.  Over the Ear or Loop Type, not a simple 'bud'
3.  Mono, not stereo
4.  Microphone included so you can make calls as well
5.  Compatable with iPhone.

Anyone?  Thanks in advance.

Dufreyne--

joebloggs

Re: iPhone Headset
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:38:21 am »
Hi Dufreyne,

Scansound have the following: http://www.scansound.com/pro-series.htm#MEP101M

But they're bud's and they're stereo.  I've just emailed them to see if they could do it in mono with a loop type earpiece (which I can't see why they couldn't as they sell those already).  Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

JB
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 07:42:53 am »
Dufreyne -

I don't know the answer to your question; looks like JB does, though.

Actually I'm hijacking this thread (shh; don't tell Phyl).

Am wondering how you're doing.  It's been a while since you've given us an update.

Hope all is well,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 08:35:53 am »
Actually I'm hijacking this thread (shh; don't tell Phyl).

B-U-S-T-E-D!!! ;) Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 02:39:04 pm »
Any of your standard Bluetooth headsets should fit all of these requests..  Specifically, I've used the Plantronics Voyager 510 because it came with a lifter (for the office phone) and base such that I could use the same device for my office phone or my cell depending on which one was in range and/or ringing..

I seemlessly went between the office and my cell with the same headset..  It was great.  It's an over-the-ear design, so there's one side to it...Microphone included and I've used it with my iPhone so I know it's compatible for sure there.. Although, any standard bluetooth headset should work with your iPhone..

Hope this helps..

Regards,
Brian

Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 02:53:41 pm »
Along the same lines as what Brian (Hi Brian!) suggested, I have a BLue Ant Q1 which pairs with both regular and cell phone.  It has a loose earbud (allowing outside noise) and an ear hook.  I've actually ordered a replacement earbud because I want a tighter fit that blocks out some of the external noise. 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 03:30:00 pm »
(Hi Brian!)
Debbi

Hi Debbi, my surgery sister in crime..  :)  Coming on fast to 2 years, eh?   Man, time has flown!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

dufreyne

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 12:54:32 am »
Thanks for the responses. 

JB:  Thanks for the tip regarding Scansound.  I like what they offer, just wish they had over the ear, loop type.

Brian and Debbie: Appreciate the suggestio re: Plantronics Voyager and BlueAnt.

Jan:  Yes, it's been a while.  Nice to hear from you.  I like the new pic.  Me, I'm doing well.  I've adjusted to post surgery life reasonably well.  I've been back at work for over a year now.  I seem to do well, despite the new challenges.  In some ways, I actually enjoy my work more.  Perhaps it's one of those silver linings that I hear so much about!  I have taken up Yoga(not a field I would have considered before the surgery).  I find it good for both mind and body. 

D