Author Topic: Just a tidbit of info for newbies  (Read 1975 times)

Battyp

Just a tidbit of info for newbies
« on: April 25, 2006, 06:50:28 am »
If you are a newbie and are considering your options.  You're first phone call should be to your insurance company to request a case manager.  The case manager is provided to you free.  They are the ones to help you coordinate your benefits, and make sure you  have the things you need in place for and after your surgery.  Many of us call to ask our insurances benefits questions and if you call back you'll get someone different who will tell you something different which will add to your overall anxiety.  A case manager is your point of contact who will eliminate a lot of the confusion.  No, I dont' work for an insurance company.  I didn't know to ask for one until my sis in law who worked for an insurance company told me to.  I do know my case manager made things a lot easier for me.

Hope it helps
and know any question you have please post it as we're all more than willing to provide our experience and try to help.

My best to all,
Michelle

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Just a tidbit of info for newbies
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 08:01:22 am »
great suggestion hun.  To know there is a single point of contact to act as an advocate with an inside track... I'm in total agreement with you. Fab idea! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:28:14 am »
Every once in a while I come up with a good one  LOL  Not due for another good idea for a least a year   ;D

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 12:14:59 pm »
am clocking you... starting... NOW! ;)

..and actually, great suggestion here... wish I had thought of that pre-treatment as well...
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"