Author Topic: This Week 4/11/10 in the AN World  (Read 2100 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 4/11/10 in the AN World
« on: April 11, 2010, 04:29:46 pm »
Jesse (neuroma racer) we were surprised to read that you have a facial neuroma rather than an acoustic, but glad that you are doing well after your surgery.  We would like to thank your wife Kathy for her updating efforts before you took over while still in the I.C.U., WOW!!  Continued well wishes to you for a great recovery. 

Mark (Mark _UK_73) we’re glad you had a good experience with your 3/29 GK treatment.  Although you won’t know the results of the treatment for quite some time, please keep us posted when you find anything out.

Congratulations to our new Postie and Toastie Postie.

Jan (leapyrtwins), an MP3 player, what will they think of next?  Glad your enjoying your new BP100.

Lauren (ombrerose4) it was nice to read “Yay, today was my BAHA GOTCHA DAY! Everything went really well”.

Congratulations to you both.

Sara, (saralynn143) we’re sorry to read that your facial PT was cancelled.  Enjoy having your daughter home from Panama.

Kathy (Kathy M) it was nice to read that you are back to work part time.  You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

This week:

Monday is Jo’s (tenai98) BAHA Gotcha Day.  Hope you enjoy your BP100 as much as Jan LOL.

We have several MRI, follow-ups this week:
Cindy’s (Rivergirl) MRI/follow-up is on Monday.
Cheryl’s (Cheryl R) MRI/Dr. appointment is Tuesday.
Anne Marie’s (yardtick) MRI is on Thursday.
Marianna’s (mk) MRI is Friday.

Thursday Greg (grega) will be having BAHA surgery.

We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers for clean MRIs and a successful uncomplicated BAHA surgery.

Happy Anniversary Kristin (Kristin) as you celebrate 5 years since your middle fossa surgery.

Cheryl (Cheryl R) Happy Anniversary on the 2 year celebration of your 4th AN surgery.  You have certainly had a heck of a journey.  We hope you only have celebrations from now on.

Best of luck Patrick (texsooner) for a great finish to the MS 150 bike event in Texas next Saturday.

We hope every day gets easier for those recovering.

Have a great week everyone,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

opp2

Re: This Week 4/11/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:02:45 pm »
Thanks to both of you Rich and Scarlett for keeping track of all of us...

Best wishes to YOU both this week.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

wendysig

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 05:21:06 am »
Rich,

Thanks as always for your wonderful update. 

Jesse - I read your other post.  Glad to hear you are doing well and hope that your recovery continues to go smoothly.  Remember to listen to your body,  get lost of rest and keep us updated when yo can.

Mark -Congratulations on your GK treatment. 

Jan - I hope you're really enjoying your BP100 and MP3 player attachment!  I've been working out at the Y and have been thinking about gettingthat attachment so I can listen to mine and still hear the phone ring.  As always, you are an inspiration!

Lauren - I wanted tosay again that I am so thrilled for you.  I look forward to seeing you at the luncheon and hopefully seeing your BP100

Sara, I'm sorry to hear your facial PT was cancelled.  Do you have another appointment?

Kathy - I'm so glad to hear things are looking up!  You are such a strong person I really admire you.

Jo - Congratulations on getting your BP100.  I hope it is all you hoped it would be.

Cindy - Good luck with your MRI follow-up. 

Anne Marie’s - Wishing you good luck in your visit to the tube of gloom.  May it give you only good news --I think you're due for some.

Marianna - Good luck with your visit to the TOG too.  May your report be clean.

Greg -Congratulations on your upcoming BAHA surgery.  I hope it is the piece of cake that it was for me.

Happy 5th Anniversary Kristin.  That's quite a milestone!!

Cheryl - Happy Anniversary on the 2 year celebration of your 4th AN surgery.  Your journey has not been an easy one but I hope it will be from now on.

Best of luck Patrick in  the MS 150 bike event in Texas next Saturday.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

grega

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 06:50:40 am »
Thanks Rich for mentioning.... and for your fine work each week!

And thanks Wendy for your thoughts ... looking forward to it!

And wishing the best to everyone else facing procedures and milestones.

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 02:25:37 pm »
Rich ~

My usual thanks for your weekly update.  :)

I won't belabor the obvious - that there is a lot happening this week - and I'll mercifully omit repeating the names of each person you've already mentioned - but I trust they all know that my best wishes, hopes and prayers are with each and every one whether they're getting their BAHA processor, having MRI scans, celebrating anniversaries or participating in some strenuous- but- rewarding competition/event. 

I'll look for you and Scarlett on Sunday (18th) at the semi-annual ANA Northeast Discussion Board brunch in Worcester, Massachusetts. Hope the weather cooperates! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:03:02 pm »
I am hoping that all of this week's procedures, tests, treatments and follow-ups went well and all of the anniversaries were happy ones.

My facial PT has been rescheduled for next Wednesday, but as the original appointment was postponed due to open heart surgery for the therapist's father, it may be bumped back again. I can sure relate, having been through that with my dad two summers ago.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13