Author Topic: This Week 4/18/10 in the AN World  (Read 1978 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 4/18/10 in the AN World
« on: April 17, 2010, 01:39:33 pm »
Tomorrow will be a busy day so I decided to do the update today.

We were very happy to read that:
Jesse’s (neuroma racer) CSF leakage has stopped and that he is finally home,
Laleh (lalehjg) our newest Toastie Postie’s 4/5/10 CK treatment went well, and that she has next week off from work to recuperate (congratulations),
Greg’s (grega) BAHA surgery was as he put it “getting the baha implant/abutment was a piece-o'-cake”,
Anissa’s (anissa) DRs had nothing to report, regarding her 4/8/10 MRI,
Cheryl’s (Cheryl R) MRI revealed no new tumor,
and Jo’s (tenai98) excitement over her new BAHA BP100. 

However, we were saddened to read that:
Cindy’s (Rivergirl) MRI showed some growth.

We offer our congratulations, thoughts and prayers to all of you.

This week:

Sunday Sue (Sue) celebrates 4 years since her GK treatment, Happy Anniversary Sue.

Tuesday Crystal (brayty22) is having AN surgery.  Our thoughts and prayers will be with you for a successful and uncomplicated surgery and recovery. 

Sara, (saralynn143) we hope your Wednesday facial PT appointment goes off without a hitch.

Continued well wishes to those on the recovery road, and our condolences to Jo’s (tenai98) nephew and his wife and the loss of their 19 month old son on 4/15/10.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Brunch at Maxwell’s tomorrow, and a safe day for all the runners during Monday’s Boston Marathon,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 4/18/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 02:17:20 pm »
Thanks, Rich ~

Lots of good news this past week and congratulations to Jesse, Laleh, Greg, Anissa, Cheryl and Jo on their respective accomplishments; including release from the hospital following surgery and a subsequent CSF leak (Jesse), successful CK treatment (Laleh), complication-fee BAHA surgery (Greg), receipt of a shiny new BAHA BP100 unit (Jo) and 'clear' MRI reports (Cheryl, Anissa). 

We're all dismayed to learn of Cindy's re-growth and truly hope things work out well for her.

Many good thoughts and sincere prayers are going out to Crystal as she prepares for her surgery on Tuesday. 

Happy ANniversary to Sue (4 years) and wishes for a successful facial PT session on Wednesday go out to Sara:)

Here in the northeast, spring is making itself known.  I anticipate a relatively pleasant (if somewhat damp) ride to Worcester, Massachusetts and the semi-annual ANA northeast discussion board brunch where I hope to see many of my old and new friends., including Rich and Scarlett. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: This Week 4/18/10 in the AN World
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:44:56 pm »
Here in the northeast, spring is making itself known.  I anticipate a relatively pleasant (if somewhat damp) ride to Worcester, Massachusetts and the semi-annual ANA northeast discussion board brunch where I hope to see many of my old and new friends., including Rich and Scarlett. 

Jim

ahem!  ::)  :)

Thanks Rich... again, job well done and you get extra dumplin tomorrow for all the hard work you put into keeping us all updated.  Great job.

I'm sending my wellness wishes to everyone that needs them.... sounds like quite a week.  For those celebrating (Sue).... well, I think you know I'm celebrating with you! :)

continued wellness wishes to everyone..... and hoping allergies are not affecting everyone too bad.  Hang in there!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"