Author Topic: Frustrated!!!  (Read 4628 times)

Lynn Mc

Re: Frustrated!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 07:41:08 am »
Scamper,

I also have not posted lately as I am still dealing with getting back to work & life.  I started very part time at 4 weeks PO.  I work in a hardware store & have really toooo much stimulation still!!!  I find I am still working part time, 5 - 6 hours a day, use to be 10.  I go home really pooped!!!   Not physically but mentally, from the stimulation!  I could be working full time but I really have to deal with life also.  Partially disabled husband, my Dad, living with us, with Alzheimer's & a small farm!!   Thankfully I have the BEST boss!!!  See what you can do to get back to work on your own pace. It will really help you out.  Listen to your body.  A very hard thing for us to do.
Forgot to add the SSD thing!!  I hate it!!  Not sure what I am going to do but I am going to see about a BAHA Monday.  Try to get the insurance thing rolling!!!!

Happy Trails,
Lynn
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:02:05 am by Lynn Mc »
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: Frustrated!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 03:17:26 pm »
Sorry, I'm way late getting in on this thread. Had I listened to my Doctor, I would have been out of work for four solid months after surgery and going broke on short term disability. Not that I was 100%, but I went back to work at my desk 10 days after a three week hospital stay. I did PT / OT on an inpatient basis. I guess I was in pretty rough shape after my surgery. I know it took the entire first week of PT before I could walk without a PT Tech following closely behind, holding me by a safety belt wrapped loosely around my waist.

Like others have said, we're all different and heal differently. It's ok to be scared and frustrated. I still find myself feeling like I've been kicked in the stomach sometimes. Especially when I have to sit and watch my boys do all the things around the house I used to love doing. Yup, I liked mowing the yard. I am however, back in my wood shop playing with awesome power tools...no depth perception to speak of and the balance of a drunken Sailor! I love my shop and all those fantastic power tools.

If you haven't yet, you might benefit from returning to work; I did!

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 06:58:50 pm by Doc B »
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.