Author Topic: AN and colds???????  (Read 1189 times)

tenai98

AN and colds???????
« on: May 16, 2010, 04:34:43 pm »
Does an AN affect a cold?  I have had a cold now for over a week...with a runny/stuffy nose like I"ve never had before...headaches as well and horrible headaches when I bend over...It can't be a CF leak after a year??? Its been awhile since I"ve down and out with a cold..Mind you, I know it sure puts  a dent in my balance..more wobbly....My eyes are sore as well....Dont know if I should talk to my GP if this doesnt clear up or contact my neurosurgeon or oncologist.  After 10 days the symptons should be clearing up, but mine are just hanging on for dear life.
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

another NY postie

Re: AN and colds???????
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:00:48 pm »
I, too, ended up with a nasty cold that started out as a fever 8 days ago...doesn't look like it has any intention of leaving but I think it is now combined with allergies so don't know which is which...I took an allergy pill today and seemed to do better during the day...I think these spring things hang on for awhile but could you possibly have a sinus infection?  Sometimes that is what happens if isn't going away and then you probably need antibiotics.
Feel better, Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

mk

Re: AN and colds???????
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:44:01 pm »
 Yes, I have also noticed that whenever I had a cold in the last 2 years it has turned into a nasty "head cold" , with lots of sinus pressure (which I never had before), fullness and overall complete misery. I can't help but think that the AN has something to do with this, perhaps a cold aggravates the pressure that is already there, or causes more inflammation  ??? Of course this is a completely unscientific explanation.

In any case, it usually resolves after a week or two, albeit sometimes with the doctors help. Last time it happened to me it finally cleared up after my ENT gave me a steroid nasal spray. But if instead of resolving your symptoms start getting worse, I think that you should contact your doctor just in case you need antibiotics or something else.

I hope you will feel better soon.
Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.