Author Topic: Gabepenton?  (Read 2870 times)

cin605

Gabepenton?
« on: June 04, 2010, 04:52:07 pm »
I have started Gabepenton today in an effort to relieve head and neck spasms and pain.
I have read Debs post and wil be taking it on a full stomach w/ a calcium supplement.
Has anyone had any luck w/ this medication?
Thanks Cindy
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Gabepenton?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 06:30:05 pm »
Hey Cin

I'm also on Gabapentin (Generic name).... also known as Neurontin.  Many of us here are on it and hoping others chime in.

I've been on it off and on for a few years.  I tend to stay lower dose as, for me, I have reactions to all meds, so we keep it low. I know Capt and also Scarlett (SML) are on it.... I believe at higher doses than what I have used.

I have to break out my doses 3x/day due to my personal side affects. I take the largest dose at night as it does tend to make me drowsy.

I have been using it for pain mgt and to help calm down "nerve endings" due to other ailments... nothing AN related.

Hope this helps. Please keep us updated as to how you do on the meds.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 01:06:09 pm »
Cindy ~

I don't use Neurontin (Gabapentin) but my wife has, for years, with good results.  She suffers from nerve pain associated with spinal problems (3 surgeries).  The Neurontin is her 'main' medication and she panics if she gets too low on it....so she doesn't let that happen.  She takes the calcium supplement and always takes the Neurontin at mealtime.  So far, no digestive problems.  So, yes, I can say that my wife has had good results with Neurontin.  She tried switching to Lyrica last year but it was ineffective for her, although it does help others.

I trust the Neurontin will be of benefit to you.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cin605

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 07:27:13 pm »
OMG!!!! ;D Finally a happy post!I think this may be my first one!!!!!
The muscle spasms have stopped....i even went to the grocery store w/o having to nap after......Day 3 woooot!Please let it last...wishing i would have tried the gabepenton 17 months ago!
Pain is at minimum.Neck feels sooo much better.
This could just be a mirical!Taking low dose 200mg once a day.
Thanks for the advice!
43yrs old

cin605

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 07:55:48 am »
Gabepenton is still working better then any thing i have tried in almost 2years....i am moving about alot and staying busy...it so nice to go somewhere and not have to lay down imediatly when i get back.
I am on a low dose also of 200mg in the mourn and 100mg in the afernoon.
I have cut the Tramadol out and going w/ tylenol 2, 8 hour tabs in mourn and 2 in the evening.
Also taking calcium supplement and fish oil.
43yrs old