Author Topic: Six Month MRI/Post-Op  (Read 3097 times)

RadiantStar

Six Month MRI/Post-Op
« on: May 09, 2006, 04:33:19 pm »
Hey all,
Here it is May already!  Doesn't seem that it's been 6 months ago that I was on the table waiting to be sliced and diced (LOL).  Yesterday there was the visit to have the MRI to check for any regrowth of the AN.  Ya' know, I just can't get over how all those Heavy Metal sounds make for an image of your brain, it's amazing the technology we have. 

Today, was the follow-up with my Neurosurgeon, Dr. Christopher Bogaev-Texas Neurological Institute here in San Antonio.  GREAT Doc, he's the Man!!!!  He truly inspires one to heal and he specializes in AN surgery, we were blessed to have him in my head.  He showed us the films, and happily I'm here to say there is NO regrowth and I am 99.85% back to normal, physically, cognitively, emotionally and spiritually.  Quite an amazing journey, even when I went off in the ditch a few times, there was always an amazing strength that pulled me out and got me back on the road to health and healing.  Don't let the bumps in the road, and occassional blowouts get ya' down.  I'm here to tell ya' things are and will be better, I'm living proof.  Life is what you make it after AN surgery, not dwelling on whatever minor imperfection we must face, even the deafness can help you get over yourself....honest.  So, get out of your head, and into your body and thank God or whoever you think brought you this far for the health you have NOW>>>>TODAY is all ya' got.  Be who you are, and love YOU.

:-* RS

Battyp

Re: Six Month MRI/Post-Op
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 04:47:33 pm »
YEAH!!! CONGRATS RS... :-*

Glad things are going so well for you!  For a minute there I thought you literally ran your car into the ditch! :o

Desilu

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:07:24 pm »
Hi Radiant Star,

You are so right. Since my surgery, I try not to sweat the small stuff. I feel truly blessed and try not to take things for granted. I feel that if God got me through brain surgery, there isn't anything that he and I can't accomplish. Yes, life is what you make it. Thank you for your update.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 05:40:58 pm »
Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!   A standing ovation!!!!!!  That is so great!!!!!!!! You should definitely celebrate!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

RadiantStar

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 06:54:05 pm »
YEAH!!! CONGRATS RS... :-*

Glad things are going so well for you! For a minute there I thought you literally ran your car into the ditch! :o

:o ROFLOL ;D ;D ;D ;D I like to draw pictures in my head while I write, so far driving has been interesting, but no ditches ::)

Yep, Celebration Time Come ON!!!!!

cookiesecond

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 08:25:15 pm »
RS,
Thanks for sharing your good news. We celebrate with you. I'm 9 mo. postop but they are waiting until 1 year for the next mri. I'm expecting good news too!!!
Take care,
Lynn

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 12:19:57 pm »
oh, RS!!!!!! Fabulous news!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 04:01:33 pm »
The Crazycat's return MRI/ comb-out is tomorrow morning!! Wish me luck!!!!! Hasen't even been 9 months but what the heck?

Paul

5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.