Author Topic: Retro July 6th.  (Read 7535 times)

opp2

Retro July 6th.
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:48:03 pm »
So there you have it.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

moe

Re: Retro July 6th.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:34:38 pm »
Have what? I'm confused ::)
Moe
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:57 pm »
By the title of this thread I am assuming Retrosigmoid surgery on the 6th of July?
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:59:27 am »
So you are finally having surgery?    Didn't you used to have more of your info. in the signature line?   (that is how I remember more of info. on each person)  ;)

Best Wishes!!!!!

Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 12:44:25 pm »
Nikki ~

Thanks for the update.  I've entered your surgery date on the trusty AN Treatment Calendar http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d06/07/2010?authenticate=&display=M&style=B

Our thoughts and prayers will go with you.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mk

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 02:09:25 pm »
Hi Nikki,

great news that you finally have a date after all this long wait. I am sure it has been well worth it. Keep us updated.

Marianna

GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

tenai98

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 05:22:16 pm »
Great to hears Nikki
Take time to visit that part of the country if you can...I hear its beautiful....Out west is in my bucket list...made it as far as Edmonton.
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

opp2

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 07:54:10 pm »
Hi kids,

I was feeling kind of weird yesterday. Yes, I have a date finally. I've been unintentional watch and wait since April 09. My toomah is about 3cm now. I have been given the caution that the surgery can be canceled and that the hospital won't confirm a bed til the day prior. But I'm not too concerned. Dr. A's secretary told me that if I got bumped it would be for someone with a tumor that was a life threat, or a threat to their vision. If there is some poor soul out there in that shape, I'm happy to give them my spot. If that happens, I'll be rebooked for early September.

Nah, I never did a sig line Denise. Just hung out with the crowd.

Thanks Jim for putting me on the calendar. I'm feeling quite calm right now. I'm sure I'll be freaked the day prior but for now, I'm feeling pretty good ... and we are thinking of taking a train ride home across country rather than spend a second week in Van. It will cost us over $1000 for a room, and then our flights so it might be comparable. And fun.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:56:03 pm by opp2 »
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

turbomom

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 08:16:02 pm »
Hi Nikki,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers on the 6th! I am having retrosig the next day, the 7th. Let's pray that we both have great positive outcomes. I  have a beach trip planned on the 1st-5th of July to try and get my mind set ready for everything to come. Enjoy your next three weeks and do something special for yourself!
Best Wishes,
Lisa
tinnitus, mild hearing loss, occasional light-headiness, rare imbalance. Diagnosed on 07/09; 14x9x8mm intra and extra canalicular of left ear. Repeat MRI on 1/15/10...waiting for radiologist to read, but on quick review little growth shown.

Lizard

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 08:44:15 pm »
Nikki,
Thankfully your wait for a date is finally over and now you are on to the next leg of the journey.  Try to use these next couple weeks to spend time doing the things you love.  Helps to keep your mind occupied.
Take care fellow retro...
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 09:21:11 pm »
Nikki,

July 6 is just around the corner and wish you the continuing calm as the day nears.  I was unbelievably calm going in because I knew something wasn't right.  The ENT and I both had no idea what was in my noggin.  You have the most important fact, the toomah has to be removed.  You also have one heck of an attitude and that is more than half the battle. 

I agree with Liz "spend some time doing the things you love."  Your trip back home sounds lovely.  Who's watching your little ones?

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

opp2

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 09:28:14 pm »
Anne Marie, re my kids..my Mother in Law and my Sister in Law are coming to my house. My Sitter also wants to keep my kids for a few days. So I am comfortable and confident that they will be well cared for.

My Mom told me today that she wants to fly out and stay for a couple of days (surgery, couple days after). I really would like my honey to have some support and to be able to get away for some time for himself. My mom is a nurse so I know I'll be in good hands.

thank you JO and MK, and Everyone for your thoughts. I'm thinking of you all too. I heard from a little bird that Vivian is having her radiation this week too. I'd love to hear from her.

opp2

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 09:29:09 pm »
Hi Lisa, where is your surgery taking place?

turbomom

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 04:17:34 pm »
Hi Nikki,
I will be having my surgery at Duke-Raleigh hospital in Raleigh, NC. The physician is Dr. Takanori Fukushima. I am praying for a positive outcome, but will confess that I am very scared of what I will wake up to after the surgery. I will just keep praying and seeking the strength I need on a day to day basis to face this new unknown.
Lisa
tinnitus, mild hearing loss, occasional light-headiness, rare imbalance. Diagnosed on 07/09; 14x9x8mm intra and extra canalicular of left ear. Repeat MRI on 1/15/10...waiting for radiologist to read, but on quick review little growth shown.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 05:44:24 pm »
Lisa,

Wishing the best also!!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games