Author Topic: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope  (Read 28286 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 07:55:07 pm »

I looked out kitchen window at thermometer at 2:30 ... it was 102 and we had a heat advisory of 110 across the area today

been hiding in the house for most part ...  been OK today ... tired yesterday ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Soundy

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 10:09:55 am »
weather break and high today only going to around 95 ... bad when 95 is an only ...

I have had 4 massage sessions and kinda on the fence ... they don't seem to be helping but at same time other than discomfort at start of each session and for a little bit after each one , don't seem to be hurting either ...

I was suppose to go today for another  but have a sick kid at home ... really 2 ... Sarah has something ... maybe mono maybe not ... not strep but throat sore and she is just plain gross and I will leave it there ... what ever she has I don't want it and she better be glad I like her and that I don't stick her out with the chickens ...

then 30 year old some came in about 9 last night instead of his usual midnight ... I asked if he got off early but he had been sent home sick and ended up going to ER ... pulse racing then slowing way down and shaky ...had a hard time drawing his blood because it was thick ... he is dangerously dehydrated ... they pump 2 bags of IV fluid in him and sent him home with a note that he is to have a water bottle with him at work station ... funny to be building AC units in a building that is not adequately air conditioned and they have had several this week go home with heat exhaustion and still won't let workers carry a water bottle ... hoping that they will cover the ER under Workman's comp since it was direct result of work conditions but who knows ... whiny 30 year old boy/men are worse than whiny 11 year old girls ... today I don't have time for a headache ...

Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2010, 12:32:33 am »
both kids big and small are up and running ... Sarah's throat still looks real nasty but no fever and feels fine except when swallowing ... son went back in to work and did OK ...was allowed to carry water and so were others ...guess they got scared

did you know vixens in the mood sound a lot like women being murdered ??? just came in from sitting on porch staring into the darkness and listening to Loxy our friendly neighborhood fox talking to her boyfriend ... I know what it is and it still sends shivers up and down my spine ... dogs are so used to her racket that they don't even bark at her ...but the donkeys chase her if she gets in their pen while trying to sneak up on the chickens ... and she has got to go past them to get to the chickens ... donkeys make good guard animals ... they hate anything remotely canine ... so much for the ramblings of an insomniac ANer

I think alot of my head pain problems would go away if I was no sitting on my porch at 1:00 am ... just a hunch , but have not found sleep aid that knocks me our without leaving me moody , tired , hungover , nauseated etc ...  for the moment my head doesn't hurt ... but being picky and want to both be pain free and asleep ...

hitting the shower with grand baby's lavender sleepy  time baby wash ...

Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 12:07:31 pm »
I must be losing it ... I don't remember writing that last post  ;D ... writing in my sleep at 1:20 in the morning

have had less headache pain but more face issues with alot twitching and numb feeling ...also having problems with swallowing ...AN side doesn't seem to be pushing stuff down my throat right and I have been choking and aspirating 

I did get a sneeze headache that made me start an argument with my husband ... he wasn't laughing at me really but laughed and just said something along the lines that it  sounded funny to get a headache from a sneeze and he didn't under stand how it could make me hurt to the point that I wanted to lay in a dark room ... I told him to go get me a 2x4 and turn his back to me and I would show him exactly how it made me feel ... he came over and kissed my head and patted my shoulder and wisely left ... I honestly don't think I can make the man mad ... or he hides it real well ... don't want to make him mad but I have said some mean things to him that I don't really mean but in times of pain or frustration they come out ...things that would probably make me mad if someone said them to me

like my dad used to tell us ... I let " my A** get ahead of my mouth " ...in other words  speaking before thinking ...

with kyrica back in my daily routine things are better ... now spend spare time worrying about where money for next bottle will come from

due to money have not had anymore massage ...ouldn't tell they were helping ...not hurting anything just not helping
Translab July 2 ,2007

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2010, 12:12:24 pm »
So glad you got the Lyrica back and love the 2 by 4 ... We have to try to keep our sense of humor it does help at times.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Lizard

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 02:37:55 pm »
Exactly, because if we don't laugh (which has been known to hurt too) then we cry!
liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 09:03:42 pm »
I've been feeling better over since I've been on the Lyrica.  Last week was tough because of the weather, yesterday almost did me in, but today it is cooler and my head feels pretty good.  I took two extra strength liquid ibuprofen just before dinner for a dull headache and it was gone before I sat down to eat.  I too have been having a lot of facial twitches, pulls and some pain the last few days.  I was in my family doctor's office this afternoon and he actually saw what my face can do.  He was speechless for a moment than asked what it felt like.  I told him I feel like someone is trying to rip my face off, or imagine a wide rubber band attached to the tip of your nose, and sewn tightly up your cheek and there is a piece of this band sticking out.  Now imagine someone is using all of their might to pull that piece that is sticking out, that pretty well sums up what I feel.  He just looked at me smiling and shaking his head.  I can handle pain, if it is only one pain but when all of the facial and head pain is partying, it does me in and I'm the one left with the hangover.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Soundy

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:01 pm »
doing better as far as headaches ... when I first went on Lyrica the leg and foot pain from fibro went away except for left hip ... when I had to stop it the fibro pain came back ... now back on the Lyrica and it has not left with the head pain ... doctor upped dose so now the over-written prescription that gave me extra pills may end up being my dose ...so when dose is upped to point leg pain goes away I will be back to not being able to pay for it monthly ... can't win for losing.

Ray of hope ... Pfizer emailed me and asked if Bo had gotten a raise during past 12 months ... he did ... the first in 3 years ... bad management and a lying manager of the electric system that claimed the company was losing money and there would be no annual cost of living raise ... he was spending money hand over fist and it was not there ... new management gave everyone their raises for past 3 years ...wish they had given them retro pay for money lost through not having their raises ... anyway ... called Pfizer and the woman I talked to said that I could resubmit application using 2009 W-2 form and probably get Lyrica through December ... so got that off Monday and hoping for the best.

I am so tired of the juggling just to be comfortable.

Soundy~  I fixed the typo.   J.S.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:26:08 pm by Jim Scott »
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 05:03:36 am »
(Soundy~  I fixed the typo.   J.S.)  ... Thanks ... I hope it wasn't a bad one ... I have had to edit posts due to bad ones  ;D

Great news ... yesterday Fed Ex man delivered a 3 months supply of Lyrica .... the package didn't have Pfizer's Name on outside and it rattled so he wanted me to open it in front of him to make sure what ever was in it was no broken ... when I saw what it was I wanted to hug and kiss him but didn't think he would understand so settled for a little squeal of joy ...

at last check at pharmacy  ( I keep asking because they keep saying Lyrica is coming down ... not ) this bottle would cost me $840 ... before filling it they contacted the doctor to see if I was still in need of it and he resubmitted his part at new higher dose... this present from Pfizer will carry me into January with what I already have ... Will have to resubmit renewal forms in December to stay on program and since they will now be going by what husband makes now and not what he made last year I may lose it ... but that also gives me some time to put back some money if I can find extra ( ha ha ha , like there is such a thing as extra money) so I can refill when I run out

with lyrica dose adjusted up my legs still get achy but not as bad ... head only hurts when I sneeze , cough or make sudden fast moves  ... face still numb feeling and a bit twitchy , especially when I am tired , but over all much better back on lyrica ... still get very tired and take long naps if no one is around to wake me up ... have phone alarms set at various times to wake me so I don't sit down to read and wake up 4 hours later ... just so happy that both head pain and fibro pain are under control right now and can function more normally ... and all with one prescription ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

Lizard

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2010, 10:37:41 am »
Soundy,
Great news, and hopefully you continue to get the meds from Pfizer. 
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Mei Mei

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 11:28:19 am »
My doc took me off Lyrica two weeks ago because I was still getting headaches and no sleep from it.   Now I am on Lithium.   I have a full bottle of Lyrica and one of Verapamil and Topamax.   I have a small fortune in drugs that my doc has taken me off .
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

yardtick

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2010, 11:47:15 am »
Very good news Soundy.  It is amazing how expensive the drug is.  My last refill was 400 pills and it would have cost me $746.00, because I have a decent drug plan it only cost me $3.00.  I'm taking 225 mg twice a day.  I can relate to the tiredness especially on cold rainy days like today.  I feel there isn't a drug invented that will take away all of my pain, but I am better on the Lyrica than I am off of it.

Mei Mei,

How long were you on Lyrica?  From what I understand you have to gradually increase the dosage and when coming off of it you also must decrease it gradually.  My neurologist said I had to give Lyrica at least three months to see if I benefitted from it.  I still get headaches and I have facial pain all the time, I also have heavy duty meds for the really bad break through headaches.  Sunday was a terrible day for me and I was so grateful to have the medication for break through pain.   

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Mei Mei

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2010, 02:34:14 pm »
I was on Lyrica for only  a  few weeks.   Coming off of it was terrible even though my doctor said it wouldn't because my dose wasn't high enough.   I was trembling and still am, but I don't know if that was from coming off of it or that I am getting nervous from the Lithium that I just started.   I do know that because of all these drugs and coming off the Topamax I haven't been sleeping till 4 or 5 am and have been surviving on little sleep.   Yesterday I was wanting to crawl out of my skin and almost suicidal but not that far just very very anxious and nervous.   I've been changing so many drugs and am getting very desperate.

Take care,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

yardtick

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2010, 10:45:55 pm »
Maybe you should get a second opinion.  I know lithium is a heavy duty drug used for manic depression.  Good luck with it.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

staypoz

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2010, 07:04:55 am »
Hang in there, Mei Mei.  Going on and off all those drugs has to be doing a number on your system.  The self-hypnosis I learned from Dr. Novello was a real help to me because it forced me to focus on something other than my pain.  It didn't stop the pain for me, but I know that I experience the pain more when I am tired or anxious.  You might want to think about contacting him, or joining a pain management support group.  I know there is one in the DC area.   And think about Anne Marie's suggestion.  You need to find a doc who understands pain and can help you manage this. 

staypoz