Author Topic: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope  (Read 28292 times)

Mei Mei

Re: Headaches on neurontin ... help with lyrica ..I hope
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 09:23:34 am »
Yes,  I know and that's why I didn't want to start it.    It concerns me very much.   I will work on the second opinion.  Very little sleep again.
Thanks for your concern.

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

staypoz

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 09:36:32 am »
Mei Mei, here's a link to the Pain Connection.  There's a meeting tomorrow and they seem to have a lot of resources.  Maybe someone there could suggest a different doc. 

http://www.painconnection.org

staypoz

Lizard

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 09:38:57 am »
Mei Mei I looked at the link to the pain connection seems like a great option for you.  Time for you to get that relief!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Mei Mei

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 01:12:48 pm »
Hi Tricia and Liz,
I just called the anesthesiologist and he will fax another order to the neurologist.   It seems the fax on August 12th for my medical records got lost so they never sent the records.  I heard he's a good doctor.   Will now check out the pain support group.  Just got over another headache about a half hour ago.  It was so bad that I got into the tub with bath salts and an ice pack.   It comes on suddenly and then I have to work on it to go away.

Take care,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

staypoz

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 01:39:43 pm »
Mei Mei,

Glad you followed up and learned the records hadn't been sent.  Hope the meeting is worthwhile!

staypoz

Lizard

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2010, 09:30:42 am »
Mei Mei,
Sounds like my struggles with a new pain management group.  They've been waiting on my file to be complete so they can review it and see if I am a candidate for their treatment.  Its been weeks and I've called several times.  Frustrating to say the least!
Thank God you kicked your last headache, mine don't generally go away unless I go to bed...
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Mei Mei

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2010, 11:04:13 am »
That's interesting, Liz.    Mine get worse in bed and I have to get up and take a tub bath with this green powder stuff I got at Whole Foods.   My hands are still trembling and my legs shake.   I just want to manage without medicine.  Had another headache this morning when I went to the post office.   Had to stop and take some Alleve.  I get really down more than ever before in my life.

I hope you get to see the Pain Management Group.   I'm still waiting to hear.

Take care,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Mei Mei

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2010, 12:20:10 pm »
Just got a phone call from the anesthiologist's office (Pain Managemn ent Clinic) and they do not want to make an appointment for me.   They feel I am not appropriate for their office.   I was really hoping they would take me.  They said they don't think Botox will work for me.

Am really down about this, am also trembling from the Lithium and BP is up to 138/90.   Am upstairs lying down.

Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

staypoz

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2010, 01:53:20 pm »
Hi, Mei Mei.  If you need to lie down or take a bath or put an ice pack on your head, that's what you should do to take care of yourself.

As you know from reading the posts here,  many of us have had to try different doctors and different approaches to find relief.  Maybe someone at the Hopkins pain or headache clinic could help?  At one time, I even thought about going to see one of the doctors who spoke about post-surgical headaches at the AN conference.  Keep looking!!

staypoz 

Mei Mei

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2010, 01:57:21 pm »
The neurologist called and told me to go off the Lithium for one day and then restart by cutting the pill in half:  Half in the morning and half at night.

Will keep looking.   I was disappointed that the Dr. refused to take me as a patient because he does Botox shots.

Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

cin605

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 04:37:31 pm »
Call the Drs office that did your surgery and tell them you want a referal to a pain manangement center to recieve Botox injections for the massive migrains......they can not refuse you if you have areferal to thier office for a specific proceedure your Dr.orders.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Mei Mei

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2010, 04:50:36 pm »
OK, I'll do that tomorrow.   My hands are trembling from the L.  medicine I'm taking now and I feel like crawling out of my skin while I'm in bed.   I hate what this does to me.    The neurologist called me back today and told me to stop it for one day and then cut in half on Saturday.   This is like a nightmare that never ends.
I was feeling a lone today and then realized I have the Forum.   Just wish we all lived near each other.

Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 05:28:31 pm »
Mei Mei.... you know I'm watching out for you and sooooo sorry to hear that you are enduring this.  I'm on week 5 of a massive migraine (due to non-AN issues) and like you, trying to reach out everywhere to get relief.  My docs have tried a few meds here and there and not sure if the right combo has been found for me, BUT, I'm thrilled that you are getting wonderful suggetions and support here.. .and that you are doing all you can to stay strong through this. I know it bites to try to handle side affects (been having them myself as well lately and like you, the "creepy crawlies" are driving me crazy) and hope that things calm down. 

I have found that meditation during the rises of symptoms/migraines/side affects helps me. I get in a comfortable position (try what works best for you if lying down isn't helping).... close my eyes, focus on my breathing...I "listen" to my breathing and for me, it does help alleviate some of the issues.

I wish I could take away your pain... I really do.  Know that we are looking out for you.  We're here for you. You know your "family" here on the forums want you well and to happen very quick.

Hang tough, m'dear. You know my inbox is always open.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mei Mei

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2010, 05:10:09 am »
That feels so good that you wrote all this.   I am so comforted.   My hands are still trembling and this is my first day off the med that starts with an L...  I can't remember the name right now.   Will be in touch as I am having a headache right now and should log off.

Thanks again...Hugs,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

staypoz

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2010, 07:23:23 am »
Mei Mei, Phyl's suggestion about meditation is a good one.  It's similar to the self-hypnosis that Dr. Novello taught me.   It's another tool in my pain management toolbox.    You should really think about calling him because he does a lot of work with people who have pain issues. 

You have lots of support from those of us on the forum and among the local support group.

staypoz