Author Topic: Jersey Shore  (Read 9026 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Jersey Shore
« on: July 08, 2010, 04:19:25 pm »
It's official.  I'll be vacationing at the Jersey shore - approximately Spring Lake Heights (near South Belmar) - from roughly July 19 through July 23 with the weekends on either side spent in Summit - or nearby.

If anyone in the area would like to meet, spend a little beach time, enjoy a few drinks and a BBQ, please let me know.

Rumor has it that there might be an appearance or two by my very own partner-in-crime, Lori  ;D

Unfortunately Kaybo will be in Texas  :'(  but 2/3 of the JKL Trio should prove very interesting  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

annamaria

Re: Jersey Shore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:43:30 pm »
Annamaria (just joined forum -- see my first post a couple of days back) would possibly be interested in meeting -- can you email me some details/opportunities? Thanks

(personal email addressed removed... please "PM" - Private Mail any details/opportunities here on this site! Thanks! Phyl)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:19:05 pm by ppearl214 »

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:20:27 pm »
Jan...... 1 word........  J-E-A-L-O-U-S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a suntan for me!
xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 07:52:42 pm »
Have a GREAT time, Jan. My family and I will be in Gettysburg PA and Washington DC during that time frame but won't reach the Jersey shore.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Lizard

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:14:08 pm »
Yay!!! Enjoy....wishing I was on vaca.  We've decided to have some well needed remodeling done so no vaca this summer.  I miss Indian Lake (best camping in the Adirondacks...hmph).
Have fun, totally jealous as Phyl already expressed....
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Keri

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:07 pm »
sara,
i'm right outside of DC. but during that time i'll be in virginia! what are you going to do in DC? the usual? gettysburg is... well, i like it, but i have a hard time with civil war battlefields too. so depressing! but a truly overwhelming place.

jan - i'm supposed to meet lori this week when i go to va beach for one night. have fun in jersey!

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Kaybo

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 12:06:21 am »
 I am jealous too but glad y'all will get to hang out!

Phyl- so great to hear from you - I've been wondering about you - hope you are doing well.

No plans for any real vacation this summer. Still trying to realize that I'm in Houston now for good & not just visiting Grandma!!  I am going with the girlies & a lot of our family (Dave's) to church camp outside San Antonio - I guess I'll be a counselor & then we will stop for the weekend at the Hyatt Hill Country on the way back. Dave & I missed out on that last year since we were meeting all you guys in Chicago!  He will work while we are all at camp & then meet us for the weekend!  It's really nice there & should be extra great after a week at camp!

Have fun without me & try not to get into too much trouble - I can't come bail you out of jail!!

;D 
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 03:37:17 am »
Phyl- so great to hear from you - I've been wondering about you - hope you are doing well.

doing fine hon!  :-*  New job wiping me out but I'm here more than you know! ;)  Hugglez to all! Jan.... another 1 word.... SUNSCREEN! :) Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 05:22:37 pm »
I think you guys - except for annamaria - are missing my point here  ::)

I'm not looking to make anyone jealous or to brag.  I'm looking to meet up with any of my fellow Forumites who might be in the area - or might want to travel to the area.

Annamaria -

I'll respond to your PM when I know a few more specifics.

Kaybo -

thanks for the offer of bail  :D

Phyl -

sunscreen is all taken care of.  My brother, who will be vacationing with us, works for Schering-Plough in Summit, NJ (or are they Merck, now??) makers of Coppertone.  He has a huge stock of sunscreen that he's just dying to bully me into wearing.  I'm horrible about applying it - even though I have the type of skin that burns to a crisp  :P  Thankfully my children got their father's complexion and have both been sporting beautiful tans since early June.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 09:24:30 pm »
Jan,

As an actual resident (though not a native) of the Jersey Shore I would love to meet up with you while you're on vacation in my fair state! But I'm going to be visiting my mother in Nashville during the dates you'll be here, so will have to take a rain-check and hope to meet you on your next visit. Spring Lake is lovely and I know you'll have a great time. Be sure to eat lots of our good produce -- tomatoes and corn, among other wonderful fruits and vegetables, should bejust about perfect while you're here -- New Jersey is truly the "Garden State."

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

suboo73

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 05:59:00 am »
Hi Jan!

So glad you are taking a break and going on vacation! 
You will have fun visiting with your family, too - nice!   :)

Having been raised just north of Philadelphia, I spent some time at the Jersey Shore - lots of great memories!

It rained in the Northern Shenandoah Valley last night and this morning - a welcome relief from the extended heat wave here on the East Coast.
But next week, it will hot again and sunny.

I hope you get to meet some Forumites - that will be fun!

Enjoy!

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

lori67

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 07:05:13 am »
I've got my beach bag packed and I'm ready to go.  I might have to hit up your brother for some sunscreen - I spend a fortune on that stuff every year!

Since I keep my beach chairs and the sand toys and boogie boards in the car at all times, that's all ready to go too!  I hope some others will be able to join us too - I know it will be a fun time.

Jan, maybe Phyl can use the Mod jet to go pick up Kay.... ;)

Catherine, I always come home with a car full of tomatoes (best in the world) and corn!  My brother-in-law is a farmer - they grow herbs and specialty stuff, so I'll have plenty of that too.  The car smells pretty good by the time I get back to VA!  If anyone wants any of that kind of thing, let me know and I'll pick it up on my way to Jan's Beach Bash!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 12:57:53 pm »
Jan ~

I'm not jealous because, although I've never been to the Jersey shore I don't have any plans to do so (lots of nice beaches near us) but I sure hope you, your kids and family have a great time there!  If you can meet up with a few of our members, all the better.  I hope the weather cooperates with you that week. The long-range forecast looks good (sunny & hot - beach weather!)  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

grega

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 06:08:56 am »
Just thinking out loud for you three .....

Jan meets Lori in Jersey ..... OK.
Or even vice-versey ..... OK.
But spending some time
Without "partner-in-crime" ....
They both want to cry out ..... OH KAY!

scheeeesch .....  ::)

Y'all have a real nice time away, getting a good dose of vitamin D.
Keep  ;D -ing

greg
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:51:12 am by grega »
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

lori67

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 09:25:22 am »
Greg -

I love it!  You should write the very first "AN Poetry" book!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.