Author Topic: hey  (Read 4913 times)

opp2

hey
« on: July 10, 2010, 09:04:08 pm »
Hello all,

Just want to drop a really quick note to say surgery went well. The tumour is gone, says both Docs, and I lost my hearing on the left. No facial paralysis, slight weakness that has already resolved itself, and I'm recuperating in Whistler til the 16th. What more could a girl ask for..
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

moe

Re: hey
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:13:07 pm »
Wow,
Great news! A nice successful surgery, what people like to hear about. Let us know how you continue to do.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

NL

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 01:50:46 am »
Nikki,

Happy to hear your surgery is behind you and you're doing well! (And hope you can enjoy some of the beautiful scenery in between naps. :))

Congrats on a successful surgery!

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Keeping Up

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:41:02 am »
So, so, so happy for you!

Whistler  wow, that is a nice place to recuperate.

Take care, thinking of you.  Glad it was a success and that decision is well behind you.

Ann
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

tenai98

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:22:03 am »
Nikki
was wondering how you were doing.  So glad to hear of a positive outcome..Enjoy your time in whistler
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 10:31:56 am »
That's excellent  ;D

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 01:19:57 pm »
Nikki ~

I hope you can accept yet another note of congratulations and good wishes for a rapid, total recovery...because I had to offer my acknowledgment for your triumph.  Well done!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 01:57:40 pm »
Great news Nikki, and recouping in Whistler......NICE  ;)  Continue with your excellent progress.

Stay Well,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 04:33:54 pm »
Congrats Nikki. Say hi to the bears on golf course. Lovely place to be.

Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 06:24:16 pm »
Nikki

So HAPPY you have made it to the "post-treatment" part of  the journey.   You're already on the computer and from your other post on other topic, sounds like you're doing good overall!    I'll be keeping you in my prayers that this keeps up!

Denise S. (MI)  ;D
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 07:56:28 am »
Nikki .....

Adding my congratulations to a successful surgery!  Best wishes for a continuing smooth recovery.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

mk

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 10:17:46 am »
Hi Nikki,

I am so happy for you, it seems that you had a great outcome. The wait was well worth it. Take care of yourself, I am sure the fresh air of Whislter will be great for you.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

Lizard

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 11:27:12 am »
Great to hear, keep us posted on how your recovery progresses....and welcome to postie land!!!!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

opp2

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 09:01:03 pm »
Hey Nikki,
 Your in Whistler? ... my goodness we are so close!!!!! What a beautiful place to re-coup!!!!!
How long will you be there? I maybe could drive up to see you??? That would be so great!!!!!
 Anyways dear girl I hope that you heal quickly mind, spirit and body.
 Just drink in those mountains!!!!
 My thoughts are so with you.
 Hugs ( albeit gentle ones ;))
Donnalynn

Got those hugs DL thank you!

We are in Whistler until Friday am. Did you get snow today?? I just read the news...holy you Alberta folk are hardy there! It is beautiful here. I've been sitting looking at mountains a lot. I look at this one. Then we get up walk a few meters, and I sit down and look at that one.  ;D

We are hoping to head out for a little drive tomorrow. By little I mean a little farther than the 1.5 k to Whistler from Creekside and back LOL>>> I must admit though, I"m looking forward to going home and seeing my babies. With the time difference I keep missing them. I was supposed to call them today. We got back to our room at around 4 and I lay down and went right to sleep. By the time I got up at 6:30 it was 9:30 in Ontario. I'm going to call in the middle of the day tomorrow...
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.