Author Topic: cervical spine MRI  (Read 3110 times)

cin605

cervical spine MRI
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:08:01 pm »
Good news MRI today of brain no tumor siting...scar tissue remains the same as last MRI.....Has anyone had an MRi done of thier cervical spine?If so diid it show anything?
Went to ENT and neurosugeon today and they want me to have an MRI of cervical spine to see whats up w/ my neck.
One says its my cervical spine causing pain and neck spasms other says vestubular damage.
HELP!!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:10:18 pm by cin605 »
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Cheryl R

Re: cervical spine MRI
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 05:11:54 pm »
I've had a cervical spine as part of my whole spinal MRI looking for NF2 tumors.   The contrast was used in my case as looking for tumors.   Not sure if would in your case.     I was spotted to have a possible cervical disc problem but not a real bad one.     The MRI was just like our regular tube of gloom ones.     Longer if doing the whole back though!           You can ask what specifically they are looking for.                   God luck with yours!                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Re: cervical spine MRI
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 11:33:40 pm »
I've had 1 due to neck problems and it showed Chiari Malformation, plus a mild bulging disc in there somewhere.    Now I'm in the process of just helping the pain.

Let us know what you find out.
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI