Author Topic: picture  (Read 3497 times)

inmaine724

picture
« on: July 24, 2010, 01:05:19 pm »
Can someone explain how to post a picture of myself on the left side here?  I tried looking it up in the help section but can't figure it out.

Thanks! 

...Danielle
Happiness grows in direct proportion to your acceptance, and in inverse proportion to your expectations.--Michael J Fox

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: picture
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 02:16:27 pm »
Danielle ~

Try this (but no guarantees).

Open an account (free) at www.photobucket.com and upload your photo from your hard drive. 

Once your picture is uploaded to Photobucket, click on the link below your photo that says "HTML Code" and right click to copy.

Open your profile in the AN website forum section and click on the link on the left side that says "Forum Profile Information".

Click on the button that says "I have my own photo".

Right click to paste the HTML code link where indicated on the profile page.

Be sure to click on the 'Change Profile' box located in the extreme lower right corner of the page.  Many folks overlook this crucial, final step and are frustrated when their photo doesn't appear. 

Good luck!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Barb909

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:31 am »
Thank you for the question, Danielle, and the answer, Jim! I was wondering about this also.

Barb
Feb. 2010    4 x 8 x 5mm
June 2011   4.7 x 8.9 x 4.0mm
May 2012    4.5 x 9.1 x 3.9mm
Sept. 2013   5 x 10.1 x 5mm
Feb. 2015     6 x 13 x 5 mm
In IAC near cochlea
Mild hearing loss, tinnitus
W & W, thinking about treatment

inmaine724

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:58:06 am »
didn't work though.  I can't seem to get a picture on here!  :-(
Happiness grows in direct proportion to your acceptance, and in inverse proportion to your expectations.--Michael J Fox

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 01:38:06 pm »
didn't work though.  I can't seem to get a picture on here!  :-(

Danielle ~

I'm sorry the instructions didn't help.  Perhaps some other more knowledgeable posters can offer guidance for posting an avatar.  It can be done...honest!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 02:27:45 pm »
Here's a link to instructions written by Pooter (btw, where IS Pooter these days??)

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=7039.0

Anyway, I didn't have time to compare them to Jim's instructions, so they may be the same.  If so, I apologize.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

6pick

• Light a candle rather than curse the darkness.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 10:44:52 pm »
Danielle ~

Try this (but no guarantees).

Open an account (free) at www.photobucket.com and upload your photo from your hard drive.  

Once your picture is uploaded to Photobucket, click on the link below your photo that says "HTML Code" and right click to copy.

Open your profile in the AN website forum section and click on the link on the left side that says "Forum Profile Information".

Click on the button that says "I have my own photo".

Right click to paste the HTML code link where indicated on the profile page.

Be sure to click on the 'Change Profile' box located in the extreme lower right corner of the page.  Many folks overlook this crucial, final step and are frustrated when their photo doesn't appear.  

Good luck!

Jim

I  had some trouble uploading until I checked the "select/unselect all" checkbox, and clicked on the "Generate HTML and IMG code" button. Then I found and selected the code in the bottom pane:

"URL's for email, Yahoo messenger, AOL messenger, etc"

I then followed Jim Scott's caution about the "Change Profile" button and - SUCCESS!

Many thanks to Jim Scott
5/21/10 diagnosis: Left side AN: size 25X17; tinnitus with variable volume, garbled word recognition, disequilibrium.

10/11/10 CK treatment@Stanford; Drs. Chang, Gibbs, Lieberson size 25 x 20 x 15 mm

4/24/12 size 23 X 20 X 15 no hearing change